Course in basic computer fundamentals for visually impaired people to be held in Kochi
A course in basic computer fundamentals for visually impaired people will be held in April. The program begins on 9 April 2018. It will be held Kochi in Kerala.
The program is called RCGF Surya’s Computer Fundamentals for Person with Vision Impairment.
The course is being organized at the initiative of the NGO, RCG Foundation (RCGF), which was established in 2008. The mission of RCGF is to empower and rehabilitate people who are blind and have low vision. It does this by training them for employment opportunities.
Some of the courses offered here include those in English communication, mobility and personality developments. The idea is to enable people who are blind or have low vision to stand on their feet and secure a job.
The course in Computer Fundamentals is run in partnership with Enable India-Bengaluru. By collaborating, both organizations hope to use the strengths of each other to maximize the benefits for visually impaired people in the fields of computer literacy, domain specific training, and employability training.
The Computer Fundamentals course aims to:
- Provide computer literacy for visually impaired people.
- Make candidates self-reliant on computers to gain access to quality education.
- Enable candidates to be self-reliant to lead a quality life.
These are the details of the course:
- Name of the program - Computer Fundamentals for persons with vision impairment
- Duration - 8 weeks
- Mode - Onsite course
- Batch size - 16
- Student to Trainer Ratio - 8:1
The aim of the course is to:
- Orient people who are visually impaired in using computers independently.
- To make visually impaired people employable by providing computer knowledge.
- To enable them to use computers in the existing job, and for higher studies.
- The scope of this training does not include making candidates ready for employment. It only makes them ready for employability.
Candidates who have passed Class 10, are studying in college, and teachers who want to use computers at work are eligible. Such candidates will be selected on a first-come-first serve basis, with no evaluation test.
The details of the course are given below:
- Address - RCGF Surya, Vismaya Building, Ground Floor, Info-Park, Kakkanad, Kochi 682042
- Phone Number: 0484-4035537/8593838396
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.rcgfsurya.org
The curriculum will include<</p>
- Basic Computers: Includes concepts like file folder management, Basic MS word, Basic Excel, and Internet with the help of NVDA (screen reader)
- Basic Employability: Functional mobility, use of assistive technology and learn to take notes effectively.
- Life skills: Accepting disability, personal hygiene and personal grooming.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Accessibility October 19, 2018 Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
- Accessibility October 16, 2018 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Abhyan Centre steps in to lend a hand to disabled teenagers
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News