Employment March 14, 2018
Course in basic computer fundamentals for visually impaired people to be held in Kochi
A course in basic computer fundamentals for visually impaired people will be held in April. The program begins on 9 April 2018. It will be held Kochi in Kerala.
The program is called RCGF Surya’s Computer Fundamentals for Person with Vision Impairment.
The course is being organized at the initiative of the NGO, RCG Foundation (RCGF), which was established in 2008. The mission of RCGF is to empower and rehabilitate people who are blind and have low vision. It does this by training them for employment opportunities.
Some of the courses offered here include those in English communication, mobility and personality developments. The idea is to enable people who are blind or have low vision to stand on their feet and secure a job.
The course in Computer Fundamentals is run in partnership with Enable India-Bengaluru. By collaborating, both organizations hope to use the strengths of each other to maximize the benefits for visually impaired people in the fields of computer literacy, domain specific training, and employability training.
The Computer Fundamentals course aims to:
- Provide computer literacy for visually impaired people.
- Make candidates self-reliant on computers to gain access to quality education.
- Enable candidates to be self-reliant to lead a quality life.
These are the details of the course:
- Name of the program – Computer Fundamentals for persons with vision impairment
- Duration – 8 weeks
- Mode – Onsite course
- Batch size – 16
- Student to Trainer Ratio – 8:1
The aim of the course is to:
- Orient people who are visually impaired in using computers independently.
- To make visually impaired people employable by providing computer knowledge.
- To enable them to use computers in the existing job, and for higher studies.
- The scope of this training does not include making candidates ready for employment. It only makes them ready for employability.
Candidates who have passed Class 10, are studying in college, and teachers who want to use computers at work are eligible. Such candidates will be selected on a first-come-first serve basis, with no evaluation test.
The details of the course are given below:
- Address – RCGF Surya, Vismaya Building, Ground Floor, Info-Park, Kakkanad, Kochi 682042
- Phone Number: 0484-4035537/8593838396
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.rcgfsurya.org
The curriculum will include<
Support us to make NewzHook Sustainable – Make a Contribution Today
We need your continued support to enable us work towards Changing Attitudes towards Disability. Help us in our attempt to share the voices of people with disabilities that enable them to participate in the society on an equal footing!