Lt Colonel Gaurav Dutta, India’s only para-triathlete, now trains national-level players
Lieutenant Colonel Gaurav Dutta is the only para-triathlete in India today. He has participated in over 12 events across the globe. Now he is motivating other disabled athletes to excel at sports.
His line-up of students is long. Most of them are gold medal winners.
Being a sportsman is no easy task. It takes a lot of practice, will-power and determination. Being a para-triathlete takes three times the effort!
Colonel Dutta also works closely with the Artificial Limb Centre in Pune. He helps former-military personnel, who have sustained severe injuries during duty, like he did.
Colonel Dutta lost his legs in a freak accident near Srinagar. He was brought down to Pune for further treatment. Having been an athlete all his life, Dutta was determined not to let his disability interrupt his life as a sportsperson.
When the doctor told him that he would start walking in a few months, Colonel Dutta asserted that he was going to run!
Being inside a hospital for 10 months is not easy. He was worried about lay ahead.
His personal experiences make him a great motivational speaker as well. He has taken on the responsibility of inspiring disabled sportspersons through his story so they have a positive attitude.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jharkhand girls stand tall despite loss in first inter-state women’s blind cricket tournament
November 20, 2018
- Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy’s wheelchair cricket camp is a success
November 20, 2018
- Coach Jaspal Dhani on a mission to put India on the global map of wheelchair basketball
November 19, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 21, 2018 Xiaomi to launch Redmi Note 6 Pro in India this week
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Mithali Raj is highest T20I run scorer in India, beats Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Inclusive ferry ride outing in Mumbai for visually impaired fun seekers
- Events November 21, 2018 Deaf Stomp 2018
- Accessibility November 21, 2018 Accessible toilets remain a distant dream for India's disabled community
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 What made Stan Lee's superheroes so magical for children with autism
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Congress fields Ashok Gehlot, Sachin Pilot in Rajasthan, no clarity on who will be CM
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018