Lt Colonel Gaurav Dutta, India’s only para-triathlete, now trains national-level players
March 14, 2018
Lieutenant Colonel Gaurav Dutta is the only para-triathlete in India today. He has participated in over 12 events across the globe. Now he is motivating other disabled athletes to excel at sports.
His line-up of students is long. Most of them are gold medal winners.
Being a sportsman is no easy task. It takes a lot of practice, will-power and determination. Being a para-triathlete takes three times the effort!
Colonel Dutta also works closely with the Artificial Limb Centre in Pune. He helps former-military personnel, who have sustained severe injuries during duty, like he did.
Colonel Dutta lost his legs in a freak accident near Srinagar. He was brought down to Pune for further treatment. Having been an athlete all his life, Dutta was determined not to let his disability interrupt his life as a sportsperson.
When the doctor told him that he would start walking in a few months, Colonel Dutta asserted that he was going to run!
Being inside a hospital for 10 months is not easy. He was worried about lay ahead.
His personal experiences make him a great motivational speaker as well. He has taken on the responsibility of inspiring disabled sportspersons through his story so they have a positive attitude.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News