Lt Colonel Gaurav Dutta, India’s only para-triathlete, now trains national-level players
March 14, 2018
Lieutenant Colonel Gaurav Dutta is the only para-triathlete in India today. He has participated in over 12 events across the globe. Now he is motivating other disabled athletes to excel at sports.
His line-up of students is long. Most of them are gold medal winners.
Being a sportsman is no easy task. It takes a lot of practice, will-power and determination. Being a para-triathlete takes three times the effort!
Colonel Dutta also works closely with the Artificial Limb Centre in Pune. He helps former-military personnel, who have sustained severe injuries during duty, like he did.
Colonel Dutta lost his legs in a freak accident near Srinagar. He was brought down to Pune for further treatment. Having been an athlete all his life, Dutta was determined not to let his disability interrupt his life as a sportsperson.
When the doctor told him that he would start walking in a few months, Colonel Dutta asserted that he was going to run!
Being inside a hospital for 10 months is not easy. He was worried about lay ahead.
His personal experiences make him a great motivational speaker as well. He has taken on the responsibility of inspiring disabled sportspersons through his story so they have a positive attitude.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 21, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News