Nike brings out more shoes for people with disabilities
April 29, 2016
Nike, the leading sportswear company, has come out with three more shoes that are designed for people with disabilities. Adults and children can wear them.
The shoes have been designed with the Flyease entry system, which is a type of zipper that goes around the heel of the shoe. This makes it easier to wear the shoes and take them off.
Nike first introduced this design last year. They were inspired after a 16-year-old boy cerebral palsy wrote to the company asking it develop a shoe design for people who face difficulty is tying shoelaces.
The Flyease technology is available in three models. They can be ordered online on nike.com and will be made available in stores across the world soon.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News