Thai university develops cheap, touchable ink for the blind
A university in Thailand has developed new ink that could make it a lot cheaper for the blind to read.
It is called Touchable Ink, and it has the ability to rise when heated. This way the usual flat row of printed Braille letters become an embossed version that can be read with fingers. The new technology has been developed in association with Samsung, who supplied the printers, and advertising agency J Walter Thompson (JWT).
With more research, the ink will be available for use in normal printers. Touchable Ink is likely to bring down the cost of printing Braille text for blind users substantially as now there won't be a need to pay more to emboss it. Also the material used is much cheaper than what is used at the moment.
Watch in Sign Language
- The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
December 11, 2018
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News