Thai university develops cheap, touchable ink for the blind
A university in Thailand has developed new ink that could make it a lot cheaper for the blind to read.
It is called Touchable Ink, and it has the ability to rise when heated. This way the usual flat row of printed Braille letters become an embossed version that can be read with fingers. The new technology has been developed in association with Samsung, who supplied the printers, and advertising agency J Walter Thompson (JWT).
With more research, the ink will be available for use in normal printers. Touchable Ink is likely to bring down the cost of printing Braille text for blind users substantially as now there won't be a need to pay more to emboss it. Also the material used is much cheaper than what is used at the moment.
Watch in Sign Language
- Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
February 17, 2019
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
- Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019