Thai university develops cheap, touchable ink for the blind
A university in Thailand has developed new ink that could make it a lot cheaper for the blind to read.
It is called Touchable Ink, and it has the ability to rise when heated. This way the usual flat row of printed Braille letters become an embossed version that can be read with fingers. The new technology has been developed in association with Samsung, who supplied the printers, and advertising agency J Walter Thompson (JWT).
With more research, the ink will be available for use in normal printers. Touchable Ink is likely to bring down the cost of printing Braille text for blind users substantially as now there won't be a need to pay more to emboss it. Also the material used is much cheaper than what is used at the moment.
Watch in Sign Language
- Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
October 21, 2018
- Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
October 19, 2018
- Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
October 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Headlines October 18, 2018 #MeToo impact: Union Minister M J Akbar resigns over complaints of sexual harassment
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility October 15, 2018
Accessibility October 21, 2018
Accessibility October 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News