Microsoft holds accessibility camp in Jallandhar for disabled people
Multinational technology firm, Microsoft and Lovely Professional University came together to organize a unique accessibility camp in Jallandhar. The aim was to improve access to technology for people with disabilities.
The camp shared the best accessibility practices to enable disabled people to realize their full potential. It promoted digital inclusion. The aim was to ensure every person has equal access to information, communication technologies, facilities, and services of Microsoft.
The event featured a series of sessions that focused on the role of technology in creating sustainable models for skilling disabled youth. There was a special focus on the need for regulatory policies for innovation on accessible technologies and inclusive hiring practices.
Several technology-based projects that empower disabled people, innovations from NGOs, and assistive technologies developed by Microsoft were featured.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 23, 2018 Jio Diwali Dhamaka Offer brings yearlong free calling for just 1699
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
- Headlines October 23, 2018 Uttar Pradesh politician's wife arrested on suspicion of killing son
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked October 22, 2018 Children with autism find a ray of hope at Sunshine in Bengaluru
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after protests in Sabarimala
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News