Sign language interpreters are making Winter Paralympics better
Winter Paralympics 2018 are currently underway in PyeongChang in South Korea. The Paralympics are being attended by more than 560 athletes from 49 countries.
The games have become accessible and more enjoyable for people who are deaf and hard of hearing as there are sign language interpreters to offer help.
More than 12 sign language volunteers are present at the venues of the Winter Paralympics. They are offering much needed services to people who are deaf and hard of hearing.
The sign language interpreters are helping fans at the huge venue to find their way.
The presence of the sign language interpreters has made the games more enjoyable for visitors who are deaf and hard of hearing.
Even athletes with hearing disabilities are using the services of these interpreters.
They appreciate the effort made by the South Korean government to make the games accessible for them.
Watch in Sign Language
- "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
February 19, 2019
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019