This innovative cushion gives some relief from heating issues faced by wheelchair users
People who use wheelchairs face a common problem of overheating when sitting for long periods.
This happens as there is little or no air circulation around their backs. This leads to excessive heat and discomfort.
A company in Belgium, Staels Design has come up with an innovative way to avoid this heat and discomfort.
The product is called wheelAir cushion. This specially designed cushion uses battery-operated inbuilt fan technology.
The cushion comes in various sizes to fit the needs of different wheelchair-users. A lithium battery is used to operate the fan used in the cushion. The fan lasts for up to 20 hours. It can be re-charged using a micro USB charger.
The fan also comes with different settings for controlling the airflow system.
The cushion provides support to the back of the person on a wheelchair, while providing cool air.
The product has received a positive response. The first batch of 500 cushions have been sold in 10 countries.
People who sit for long hours at work can use the cushion. It can also be used by truck or taxi drivers, who spend long hours on the road.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018