India's first online teacher training course for people with deafblindness launched
Sense International India (SII) has launched India’s first online teacher training course for educators of people with deafblindness.
The number of people who are deafblind in India could be over five lakh, but there are no records. Experts say that deafblindness is complex disability as it becomes very challenging to communicate given that 95% of communication happens through these two senses.
SII has been supporting, educating, creating awareness, and providing opportunities for children and adults with deafblindness across 22 states. They are networked with 59 partners.
The aim of the online course is to make it more accessible to people across the world. Experts say that many people want to work in this field, but do not have access to proper resources.
The six-month course will be a predominantly interactive session through Skype. Instructors will show candidates how to teach in sign language, braille, and other methods.
There is also a hands-on training module where candidates will be sent to SII centers for a brief period.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Education December 7, 2018 Tips to help children with dyscalculia
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Headlines December 5, 2018 2.0 may soon become Akshay Kumar’s most successful film
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
- Get-hooked December 7, 2018 A writing contest with disability as the theme. Know more
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 These disabled youngsters find their passion in something unique
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Prime Minister Modi attends Priyanka-Nick’s reception party
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018