India's first online teacher training course for people with deafblindness launched
Sense International India (SII) has launched India’s first online teacher training course for educators of people with deafblindness.
The number of people who are deafblind in India could be over five lakh, but there are no records. Experts say that deafblindness is complex disability as it becomes very challenging to communicate given that 95% of communication happens through these two senses.
SII has been supporting, educating, creating awareness, and providing opportunities for children and adults with deafblindness across 22 states. They are networked with 59 partners.
The aim of the online course is to make it more accessible to people across the world. Experts say that many people want to work in this field, but do not have access to proper resources.
The six-month course will be a predominantly interactive session through Skype. Instructors will show candidates how to teach in sign language, braille, and other methods.
There is also a hands-on training module where candidates will be sent to SII centers for a brief period.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019