Speech Blubs, the new app that helps disabled kids learn through play
A new app called Speech Blubs aims to make learning easier for children with disabilities. Speech Blubs has been created to improve the imitation and speaking abilities of children with disabilities.
According to the makers of Speech Blub, decades of scientific research have gone into the making of this unique app. This includes research on mirror neurons and video modelling.
Speech Blub uses videos with real faces of children and the latest technology to engage children with disabilities in a face-to-face interaction.
Experts on speech delay, sensory processing disorder (SPD), Down syndrome, and autism spectrum disorder (ASD) say the Speech Blub app is one of the most outstanding tools, that can help disabled children.
Seven-year-old Daniel, who has been diagnosed with severe cognitive delay, started using Speech Blub a few years ago. He used to be non-verbal. Now, he is able to pay attention. He also mimics kids from the app, which is a good sign.
Many other users say that Speech Blub has changed the lives of children with disabilities for the better.
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019