Airbnb releases 21 new accessibility filters for disabled travelers
March 16, 2018
In order to make travelling more accessible and comfortable for people with disabilities, Airbnb has released new accessibility filters.
Airbnb is a global travel community that offers short time lodging to people who do not wish to stay in hotels when they travel.
The company has released 21 new accessibility filters across its search platform.
The new filters will allow the people with disabilities to find accommodations that are accessible. The filters will be compatible for the worldwide travel features of Airbnb.
People with disabilities can now use the filters to look for specific features in an accommodation as per their accessibility needs.
Rooms without stairs, wide doorways or entry gates for wheelchair users, lifts, accessible toilets, and bathrooms are some of the new filters. These can provide more information to disabled people about a particular listing on the Airbnb platform.
The company is hoping to make travelling easier for people with disabilities all across the world.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 #TechThursdays - Remote-controlled toilet bed is a life saver for people bedridden due to disability
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Events May 17, 2019 Multiple Sclerosis - Invisible Symptoms
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Pakistani air space to remain shut for Indian flights till 30 May
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News