Airbnb releases 21 new accessibility filters for disabled travelers
March 16, 2018
In order to make travelling more accessible and comfortable for people with disabilities, Airbnb has released new accessibility filters.
Airbnb is a global travel community that offers short time lodging to people who do not wish to stay in hotels when they travel.
The company has released 21 new accessibility filters across its search platform.
The new filters will allow the people with disabilities to find accommodations that are accessible. The filters will be compatible for the worldwide travel features of Airbnb.
People with disabilities can now use the filters to look for specific features in an accommodation as per their accessibility needs.
Rooms without stairs, wide doorways or entry gates for wheelchair users, lifts, accessible toilets, and bathrooms are some of the new filters. These can provide more information to disabled people about a particular listing on the Airbnb platform.
The company is hoping to make travelling easier for people with disabilities all across the world.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Amazon forest burns at record rate
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Accessibility August 23, 2019 Delhi Disabilities Commissioner welcomes order setting up of Special Courts to try offences under RPWD Act 2016
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Headlines August 26, 2019 Arun Jaitley cremated with full state honours
- Accessibility August 26, 2019 Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
- Employment August 26, 2019 Sample these wholesome & delicious cookies baked by people with Down syndrome at Satya Bakery
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News