Airbnb releases 21 new accessibility filters for disabled travelers
In order to make travelling more accessible and comfortable for people with disabilities, Airbnb has released new accessibility filters.
Airbnb is a global travel community that offers short time lodging to people who do not wish to stay in hotels when they travel.
The company has released 21 new accessibility filters across its search platform.
The new filters will allow the people with disabilities to find accommodations that are accessible. The filters will be compatible for the worldwide travel features of Airbnb.
People with disabilities can now use the filters to look for specific features in an accommodation as per their accessibility needs.
Rooms without stairs, wide doorways or entry gates for wheelchair users, lifts, accessible toilets, and bathrooms are some of the new filters. These can provide more information to disabled people about a particular listing on the Airbnb platform.
The company is hoping to make travelling easier for people with disabilities all across the world.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Tributes for Dhoni after great show against Australia
- Headlines January 23, 2019 PM Modi’s gifts to be auctioned for Ganga
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Parenting Disability: Me as an orthpedically challenged child - Guest Column by Payal Kukreja
- Events January 17, 2019 India Art Festival- IAF
- Accessibility January 20, 2019 Get set for #Sabkeliye, India's biggest & boldest accessible shopping initiative ever
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Fed up of delays in updated guidelines for disabled MBBS aspirants, activists approach minister
- Events January 20, 2019 Deaf Awareness India- Guests Lecture
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News