Australian researchers develop a hearing aid from smartphones
March 19, 2018
A group of researchers in Australia have developed Facett, which is new hearing aid that can be set through a smartphone.
This new hearing aid is a self-fitting one. Users can also connect this hearing aid through their tablets and home computers.
Facett has two parts - Core and Module. While the Core contains a user's settings, Module has a rechargeable battery that activates the hearing aid. Users can connect or disconnect this with a simple click on their devices.
Experts say this new device will help people who are deaf and hard of hearing avoid regular visits to an audiologist Many people hesitate to use hearing aids as they don't like to make frequent visits to suppliers..
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News