Australian researchers develop a hearing aid from smartphones
A group of researchers in Australia have developed Facett, which is new hearing aid that can be set through a smartphone.
This new hearing aid is a self-fitting one. Users can also connect this hearing aid through their tablets and home computers.
Facett has two parts - Core and Module. While the Core contains a user’s settings, Module has a rechargeable battery that activates the hearing aid. Users can connect or disconnect this with a simple click on their devices.
Experts say this new device will help people who are deaf and hard of hearing avoid regular visits to an audiologist Many people hesitate to use hearing aids as they don't like to make frequent visits to suppliers..
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019