Australian researchers develop a hearing aid from smartphones
March 19, 2018
A group of researchers in Australia have developed Facett, which is new hearing aid that can be set through a smartphone.
This new hearing aid is a self-fitting one. Users can also connect this hearing aid through their tablets and home computers.
Facett has two parts - Core and Module. While the Core contains a user's settings, Module has a rechargeable battery that activates the hearing aid. Users can connect or disconnect this with a simple click on their devices.
Experts say this new device will help people who are deaf and hard of hearing avoid regular visits to an audiologist Many people hesitate to use hearing aids as they don't like to make frequent visits to suppliers..
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News