Odisha government to make websites disabled-friendly
March 17, 2018
The state government of Odisha has asked officials to make all government websites accessible for people with disabilities. This will help disabled people access latest technologies.
It will also help them to gain access to the resources and initiatives provided by the government.
The Chief Secretary and Chief Development Commissioner of Odisha, Aditya Prasad Padhi, said in a recent review meeting that all public transportation systems must be made accessible for people with disabilities. He added that disabled children must be provided adequate facilities in both regular and special schools.
According to the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, research centers must be provided for teachers who are working with children with disabilities.
Padhi has asked all secretaries to review existing schemes for people with disabilities in Odisha. Many policies will be modified in favor of disabled people in the state.
Government buildings in Baripada, Balasore, Cuttack, Puri, Berhampur, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Balangir, Jharsuguda and Jeypore will be made accessible for disabled people. An audit will be done on the same.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News