Odisha government to make websites disabled-friendly
March 17, 2018
The state government of Odisha has asked officials to make all government websites accessible for people with disabilities. This will help disabled people access latest technologies.
It will also help them to gain access to the resources and initiatives provided by the government.
The Chief Secretary and Chief Development Commissioner of Odisha, Aditya Prasad Padhi, said in a recent review meeting that all public transportation systems must be made accessible for people with disabilities. He added that disabled children must be provided adequate facilities in both regular and special schools.
According to the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, research centers must be provided for teachers who are working with children with disabilities.
Padhi has asked all secretaries to review existing schemes for people with disabilities in Odisha. Many policies will be modified in favor of disabled people in the state.
Government buildings in Baripada, Balasore, Cuttack, Puri, Berhampur, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Balangir, Jharsuguda and Jeypore will be made accessible for disabled people. An audit will be done on the same.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News