Odisha government to make websites disabled-friendly
The state government of Odisha has asked officials to make all government websites accessible for people with disabilities. This will help disabled people access latest technologies.
It will also help them to gain access to the resources and initiatives provided by the government.
The Chief Secretary and Chief Development Commissioner of Odisha, Aditya Prasad Padhi, said in a recent review meeting that all public transportation systems must be made accessible for people with disabilities. He added that disabled children must be provided adequate facilities in both regular and special schools.
According to the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, research centers must be provided for teachers who are working with children with disabilities.
Padhi has asked all secretaries to review existing schemes for people with disabilities in Odisha. Many policies will be modified in favor of disabled people in the state.
Government buildings in Baripada, Balasore, Cuttack, Puri, Berhampur, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Balangir, Jharsuguda and Jeypore will be made accessible for disabled people. An audit will be done on the same.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Multiple Disabilities
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
- Parasports November 15, 2018 Mumbai to play host to second wheelchair basketball camp in November
- Headlines November 18, 2018 India-Australia cricket series to begin on 21 November
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Congress fields Ashok Gehlot, Sachin Pilot in Rajasthan, no clarity on who will be CM
- Parasports November 20, 2018 Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy’s wheelchair cricket camp is a success
- Technology November 19, 2018 Artificial Intelligence makes a huge impact in lives of disabled people
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018