Para-athlete Deepa Malik wins gold at World Para Athletics Grand Prix
March 17, 2018
Indian para-athlete Deepa Malik has won a gold medal at the World Para Athletics Grand Prix in Dubai. She has won it in the F-53/54 category javelin throw event.
With this win, Malik becomes the number one rank holder in Asia in the F-53 category.
Malik has also qualified for the 2018 Asian Para Games scheduled to be held in October in Indonesia this year.
She took part in the discus throw event as well. Here, she secured second place, making India proud yet again.
Malik has been in good form and has given some excellent performances.
She won a silver medal in the shot put at 2016 Paralympic Games, becoming the first Indian woman to win a medal at the Paralympics.
Deepa Malik was honored with the Arjuna award in 2012 and the prestigious Padma Shri award in 2017 for her achievements.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Mayawati will not contest 2019 general elections
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Trailer of biopic PM Narendra Modi gets over one million views
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Parenting Corner- Potty Training Children with Down syndrome
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News