Para-athlete Deepa Malik wins gold at World Para Athletics Grand Prix
March 17, 2018
Indian para-athlete Deepa Malik has won a gold medal at the World Para Athletics Grand Prix in Dubai. She has won it in the F-53/54 category javelin throw event.
With this win, Malik becomes the number one rank holder in Asia in the F-53 category.
Malik has also qualified for the 2018 Asian Para Games scheduled to be held in October in Indonesia this year.
She took part in the discus throw event as well. Here, she secured second place, making India proud yet again.
Malik has been in good form and has given some excellent performances.
She won a silver medal in the shot put at 2016 Paralympic Games, becoming the first Indian woman to win a medal at the Paralympics.
Deepa Malik was honored with the Arjuna award in 2012 and the prestigious Padma Shri award in 2017 for her achievements.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Hi-tech hearing implants must be followed by rehab programmes say experts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News