Google Maps creates feature for finding wheelchair accessible routes
Google Maps are bringing out something for the disabled, and wheelchair accessible routing option it is! This new option for people using wheelchairs has already been started off by Google. This new option will make public travelling easier for people with disabilities.
Google has rolled out this new feature in most metropolitan cities across the world. People with disabilities in cities like London, New York, Tokyo, Mexico City, Boston, and Sydney can access this new feature.
Last year too, Google Maps had come up with something for people with disabilities. They had a feature to see if a place is wheelchair accessible. Users could click on the ‘description’ and look under the ‘Amenities’ tab to find places.
To access this new feature all you need to do is, type your destination into Google Maps. After that, tap ‘Directions’ to get to the place. From there, select ‘Public Transportation’ and then select ‘Options’. ‘Wheelchair accessible’ routes will appear under the routes section.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 13, 2019 Hardik Pandya, K L Rahul told to return to India
- Events January 16, 2019 All India Seventh Across Disability Matrimonial Get Together
- Headlines January 10, 2019 Elections will not disrupt India's plan to host all IPL matches
- Headlines January 12, 2019 Virat Kohli reacts to Hardik Pandya's sexist comments
- Accessibility January 11, 2019 Court issues notice to RBI & Centre over inaccessible currency plea
- Get-hooked January 12, 2019 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked January 12, 2019 Leprosy no longer grounds for divorce says Lok Sabha, what about other discriminatory laws?
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News