Left disabled in an accident, Prajith Jaipal is on a drive to empower others with disabilities
March 20, 2018
Seven years ago, 40-year-old Prajith Jaipal from Kozhikode, Kerala, met with a car accident that left him with a disability. On 1 April 2018, Jaipal plans to mark the seventh anniversary of this incident in an unusual way.
Jaipal has bounced back to life with 70% medical disability. He wants to travel to New Delhi on 1 April in his modified car. His mission is to convince potential private employers to explore the talents of disabled people.
He will cover the distance of 8,500 kilometers by taking different routes. He will interact with the maximum number of employers who can support his cause. Jaipal has lined up 10 meeting points so far. There are many inspirational gatherings planned by clubs and voluntary organizations as well.
Jaipal, who is a commerce graduate, lost his job after the accident. He has been preparing for his journey with the support of friends and well-wishers at the Rotary Club and Junior Chamber of India.
The modified car has been prepared for the journey by a disabled man from Malappuram. A mechanic and a caretaker will accompany Jaipal during the drive.
The group will reach Delhi on 24 April. They hope to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi before the return trip in the first week of May. They plan to ask him to increase the monthly pension for disabled people.
Thanks to Jaipal efforts, the district administration in Kozhikode has agreed to set up disabled-friendly entrances on the Kozhikode main beach and the South Beach.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News