Disabled child in Bhubaneshwar assaulted by teachers, quits school. No action taken against school
In a shocking incident, a disabled student in class 8 at a school in Jharsuguda, Bhubaneswar, was assaulted and tortured by her teachers.
The District Differently-Abled Organization (DDAO) asked the District Collector to remove the teachers from the school. Yet, no action has been taken by authorities until now. The incident happened at the Talpatia Nodal High School in Jharsguda.
DDAO members say they are going to protest against the insensitive attitude of district officials towards people with disabilities. Meanwhile, the girl has stopped going to school. School authorities have not made any effort to call her back either.
The District Child Protection Officer (DCPO) has asked for a report in this matter. The DDAO says it is trying to convince the child to come back to the school and continue with her education.
Pressure is also being brought on the District Collector to take strict action against the accused.
Watch in Sign Language
- The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
February 19, 2019
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Saudi Arabia Crown in India to strengthen ties
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News