Aurangabad approves project for making buildings accessible for disabled people
March 19, 2018
The Aurangabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) has approved a project for making buildings accessible for people with disabilities.
The project will involve providing facilities in buildings across the city such as ramps, lifts, railings and disabled-friendly toilets.
It was earlier reported that the buildings in the city lacked accessibility. This made it challenging for people with disabilities to move around.
The Vihang Special School had conducted an accessibility survey that showed how most of the city buildings were inaccessible.
The Mayor of Aurangabad has announced that public notices will be issued in newspapers asking all offices and institutions in the city to make the buildings accessible.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Dhoni clocks highest ever IPL score
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Employment April 23, 2019 Finding right jobs still remains a struggle for adults with autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News