Aurangabad approves project for making buildings accessible for disabled people
The Aurangabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) has approved a project for making buildings accessible for people with disabilities.
The project will involve providing facilities in buildings across the city such as ramps, lifts, railings and disabled-friendly toilets.
It was earlier reported that the buildings in the city lacked accessibility. This made it challenging for people with disabilities to move around.
The Vihang Special School had conducted an accessibility survey that showed how most of the city buildings were inaccessible.
The Mayor of Aurangabad has announced that public notices will be issued in newspapers asking all offices and institutions in the city to make the buildings accessible.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019