Aurangabad approves project for making buildings accessible for disabled people
March 19, 2018
The Aurangabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) has approved a project for making buildings accessible for people with disabilities.
The project will involve providing facilities in buildings across the city such as ramps, lifts, railings and disabled-friendly toilets.
It was earlier reported that the buildings in the city lacked accessibility. This made it challenging for people with disabilities to move around.
The Vihang Special School had conducted an accessibility survey that showed how most of the city buildings were inaccessible.
The Mayor of Aurangabad has announced that public notices will be issued in newspapers asking all offices and institutions in the city to make the buildings accessible.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News