Rahul Bajaj is India's 1st disabled student to win the prestigious Rhodes Scholarship
March 19, 2018
Rahul Bajaj is a former student of the Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar College in Nagpur. He has 5% vision due to a rare retinal disorder from birth.
That has never come in the way of his excellent academic record. At the 105th convocation ceremony of the Nagpur University on 24 March, 20 medals, including 13 gold, will be awarded to Rahul.
That is not all. This young man has a bright future ahead. He has created history as India's disabled student to be offered the prestigious Rhodes Scholarships by the Oxford University.
Rahul has also made Nagpur University proud. For the first time, a student in the history of this university has won the honor after going through rigorous interview sessions.
So far, only five students from India and 100 from the world have been selected for this scholarship.
The selection is based on several parameters including academic performance, extra-curricular activities, leadership qualities, and the ability to help others.
Rahul is currently training with a law firm in New Delhi. He is very happy to know that he will be receiving 20 medals from his former university.
Rahul will pursue a Bachelors degree in Civil Law at the Oxford University.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News