Rahul Bajaj is India's 1st disabled student to win the prestigious Rhodes Scholarship
March 19, 2018
Rahul Bajaj is a former student of the Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar College in Nagpur. He has 5% vision due to a rare retinal disorder from birth.
That has never come in the way of his excellent academic record. At the 105th convocation ceremony of the Nagpur University on 24 March, 20 medals, including 13 gold, will be awarded to Rahul.
That is not all. This young man has a bright future ahead. He has created history as India's disabled student to be offered the prestigious Rhodes Scholarships by the Oxford University.
Rahul has also made Nagpur University proud. For the first time, a student in the history of this university has won the honor after going through rigorous interview sessions.
So far, only five students from India and 100 from the world have been selected for this scholarship.
The selection is based on several parameters including academic performance, extra-curricular activities, leadership qualities, and the ability to help others.
Rahul is currently training with a law firm in New Delhi. He is very happy to know that he will be receiving 20 medals from his former university.
Rahul will pursue a Bachelors degree in Civil Law at the Oxford University.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News