Teaching and learning kits distributed to disabled people in Imphal, Manipur
160 people with disabilities received special educational kits in Imphal, Manipur on Tuesday.
The teaching and learning material kits were given out at an event organised by Relief Centre for the Welfare of Differently Abled Persons and the office of the state commissioner for PwDs.
The kits included material for mental exercise, concept development, sensory development such as books and toys.
The kit also contained skill training related material such as mobile phones, watches, calculators, weighing machines and sewing materials.
The recipients were selected during an awareness camp that was held in Imphal in January.
National Institute for the Empowerment of Persons with Intellectual Disabilities (NEIPID) has sponsored the kits.
This was done in collaboration with the department of empowerment of persons with disabilities (Divyangjan), ministry of social justice and empowerment.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News