Teaching and learning kits distributed to disabled people in Imphal, Manipur
March 21, 2018
160 people with disabilities received special educational kits in Imphal, Manipur on Tuesday.
The teaching and learning material kits were given out at an event organised by Relief Centre for the Welfare of Differently Abled Persons and the office of the state commissioner for PwDs.
The kits included material for mental exercise, concept development, sensory development such as books and toys.
The kit also contained skill training related material such as mobile phones, watches, calculators, weighing machines and sewing materials.
The recipients were selected during an awareness camp that was held in Imphal in January.
National Institute for the Empowerment of Persons with Intellectual Disabilities (NEIPID) has sponsored the kits.
This was done in collaboration with the department of empowerment of persons with disabilities (Divyangjan), ministry of social justice and empowerment.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Archana Palahalli believes in facing odds with a smile
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News