Teaching and learning kits distributed to disabled people in Imphal, Manipur
March 21, 2018
160 people with disabilities received special educational kits in Imphal, Manipur on Tuesday.
The teaching and learning material kits were given out at an event organised by Relief Centre for the Welfare of Differently Abled Persons and the office of the state commissioner for PwDs.
The kits included material for mental exercise, concept development, sensory development such as books and toys.
The kit also contained skill training related material such as mobile phones, watches, calculators, weighing machines and sewing materials.
The recipients were selected during an awareness camp that was held in Imphal in January.
National Institute for the Empowerment of Persons with Intellectual Disabilities (NEIPID) has sponsored the kits.
This was done in collaboration with the department of empowerment of persons with disabilities (Divyangjan), ministry of social justice and empowerment.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News