Government to set up international sports centers for people with disabilities
The central government is going to start three international-level sports centers for people with disabilities.
The three centers will train Para athletes to compete in international sports events.
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment plans to start this at Zirakpur in Punjab, Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh, and Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh.
The prime objective of these centers will be to provide training facilities for Para athletes. These facilities will be on par with international standards.
The government will ensure that the best equipment is used for training the Para athletes.
Watch in Sign Language
- Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
October 21, 2018
- Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
October 18, 2018
- India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
October 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education October 20, 2018 Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Chaarana Centre for Special Needs is a haven for disabled children in Bengaluru
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Check out these fun outings for children with autism
- Get-hooked October 14, 2018 Visually impaired girls perfomed garba on song written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Accessibility October 21, 2018 Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India win Blind Cricket Tri Series final, beat Sri Lanka by 10 wickets
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News