Government to set up international sports centers for people with disabilities
March 22, 2018
The central government is going to start three international-level sports centers for people with disabilities.
The three centers will train Para athletes to compete in international sports events.
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment plans to start this at Zirakpur in Punjab, Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh, and Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh.
The prime objective of these centers will be to provide training facilities for Para athletes. These facilities will be on par with international standards.
The government will ensure that the best equipment is used for training the Para athletes.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Rich tributes paid to veteran actor Girish Karnad
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News