Government to set up international sports centers for people with disabilities
The central government is going to start three international-level sports centers for people with disabilities.
The three centers will train Para athletes to compete in international sports events.
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment plans to start this at Zirakpur in Punjab, Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh, and Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh.
The prime objective of these centers will be to provide training facilities for Para athletes. These facilities will be on par with international standards.
The government will ensure that the best equipment is used for training the Para athletes.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 17, 2018 Dementia Caregivers' Support Group Meet
- Events December 17, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Events December 17, 2018 All India Seventh Across Disability Matrimonial Get Together
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports December 13, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News