Government to set up international sports centers for people with disabilities
March 22, 2018
The central government is going to start three international-level sports centers for people with disabilities.
The three centers will train Para athletes to compete in international sports events.
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment plans to start this at Zirakpur in Punjab, Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh, and Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh.
The prime objective of these centers will be to provide training facilities for Para athletes. These facilities will be on par with international standards.
The government will ensure that the best equipment is used for training the Para athletes.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News