Seats for disabled students increased in postgraduate medical course admissions
Seats reserved for disabled students in postgraduate medical courses have been increased from 3% to 5%.
The Union Health Ministry has approved the changes in regulations for admission of people with disabilities in postgraduate medical courses.
This has been done as per the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
Union Health Minister J P Nadda has said that the increase in quota will ensure that disabled students get the benefits of reservation.
This will apply to all 21 benchmark disabilities as per RPWD Act, 2016.
Students with any of the 21 benchmark disabilities can now register for admission to medical courses in India.
As per RPWD 2016, the 21 types of disabilities include hearing impairment, locomotor disability, dwarfism, intellectual disability, autism, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and thalassemia, among others.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Headlines October 18, 2018 #MeToo impact: Union Minister M J Akbar resigns over complaints of sexual harassment
- Get-hooked October 14, 2018 Visually impaired girls perfomed garba on song written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Parasports October 15, 2018 Top sports brand Nike's move to sign up athlete with cerebral palsy hailed
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Goa Governor’s comment about blind people raises hackles
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Accessibility October 16, 2018 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News