Seats for disabled students increased in postgraduate medical course admissions
Seats reserved for disabled students in postgraduate medical courses have been increased from 3% to 5%.
The Union Health Ministry has approved the changes in regulations for admission of people with disabilities in postgraduate medical courses.
This has been done as per the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
Union Health Minister J P Nadda has said that the increase in quota will ensure that disabled students get the benefits of reservation.
This will apply to all 21 benchmark disabilities as per RPWD Act, 2016.
Students with any of the 21 benchmark disabilities can now register for admission to medical courses in India.
As per RPWD 2016, the 21 types of disabilities include hearing impairment, locomotor disability, dwarfism, intellectual disability, autism, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and thalassemia, among others.
Watch in Sign Language
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
- Tips to help children with dyscalculia
December 7, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Intellectual Disability
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News