Seats for disabled students increased in postgraduate medical course admissions
March 22, 2018
Seats reserved for disabled students in postgraduate medical courses have been increased from 3% to 5%.
The Union Health Ministry has approved the changes in regulations for admission of people with disabilities in postgraduate medical courses.
This has been done as per the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
Union Health Minister J P Nadda has said that the increase in quota will ensure that disabled students get the benefits of reservation.
This will apply to all 21 benchmark disabilities as per RPWD Act, 2016.
Students with any of the 21 benchmark disabilities can now register for admission to medical courses in India.
As per RPWD 2016, the 21 types of disabilities include hearing impairment, locomotor disability, dwarfism, intellectual disability, autism, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and thalassemia, among others.
Watch in Sign Language
- #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
August 19, 2019
- Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
August 16, 2019
- Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
August 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Employment August 13, 2019 Government move to roll back disability pension tax on retired soldiers welcomed
- Events August 14, 2019 Let your hands do the talking
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Parasports August 15, 2019 Sekhar Goud is India's first triple amputee to scale Mount Elburus in Russia twice
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Cold Eid celebrations in Srinagar as restrictions return
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News