Seats for disabled students increased in postgraduate medical course admissions
Seats reserved for disabled students in postgraduate medical courses have been increased from 3% to 5%.
The Union Health Ministry has approved the changes in regulations for admission of people with disabilities in postgraduate medical courses.
This has been done as per the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
Union Health Minister J P Nadda has said that the increase in quota will ensure that disabled students get the benefits of reservation.
This will apply to all 21 benchmark disabilities as per RPWD Act, 2016.
Students with any of the 21 benchmark disabilities can now register for admission to medical courses in India.
As per RPWD 2016, the 21 types of disabilities include hearing impairment, locomotor disability, dwarfism, intellectual disability, autism, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and thalassemia, among others.
Watch in Sign Language
- The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
February 19, 2019
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News