Seats for disabled students increased in postgraduate medical course admissions
March 22, 2018
Seats reserved for disabled students in postgraduate medical courses have been increased from 3% to 5%.
The Union Health Ministry has approved the changes in regulations for admission of people with disabilities in postgraduate medical courses.
This has been done as per the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
Union Health Minister J P Nadda has said that the increase in quota will ensure that disabled students get the benefits of reservation.
This will apply to all 21 benchmark disabilities as per RPWD Act, 2016.
Students with any of the 21 benchmark disabilities can now register for admission to medical courses in India.
As per RPWD 2016, the 21 types of disabilities include hearing impairment, locomotor disability, dwarfism, intellectual disability, autism, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and thalassemia, among others.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
July 17, 2019
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
July 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 Wilson’s Disease Support Group Meeting
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Saswati Singh's efforts to empower people with disabilities takes off as Nav Prerna Foundation
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Accommodating Diversities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News