India's leading medical institute, AIIMS, uses goat eyes to start ophthalmology training for doctors'
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), India's leading hospital and medical training institute, has started a new kind of ophthalmology training for its doctors.
The RP Eye Centre at AIIMS is teaching doctors' the functional structure and mechanism of human eyes on samples of goat eyes.
This makes AIIMS India's the only medical college to give ophthalmology classes to their postgraduate doctors on goat eyes.
Senior doctors say they decided to adopt this approach, as human eyes were not available. This was causing a delay in classes.
Experts say that goat eyes are cheap and easily available. It is a relatively simple and inexpensive technique to train ophthalmology surgeons using a goat's eye.
There are proper training modules for these sessions. The medical equipment used has a high magnificent depth for clear view.
As part of this training, doctors are learning the medical procedures for cataract surgeries.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Rare Diseases
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News