Goa to host Swimmathon Event for disabled swimmers
Goa is getting ready to host the Goa Swimmathon Event this weekend for disabled swimmers. The event will witness the participation of more than 300 swimmers from across India.
The Goa Swimmathon will take place at Bambolim Bay on the weekend of 24 and 25 March.
25-year-old Dhruv Batra is among those who will be taking part. Dhruv, who lost his right leg in an accident, swam two kilometers in 2017, to the marvel of many onlookers.
Dhruv says that when he first started swimming, he was scared. He did not have the courage to meet the eyes of people around him. But gradually he became more confident. This ace swimmer is gearing up to swim a 5-km stretch this year.
Dhruv asserts that strength is not something that you have, it is something that you find, and it is right within you.
Many renowned swimmers from across India will be taking part in the event. They all have tales to tell of courage and strength. And that is just what you need before conquering what you want!
Watch in Sign Language
- Para athletes see opportunities in Citi-International Paralympic Committee partnership
December 18, 2018
- Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
December 17, 2018
- Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
December 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Events December 17, 2018 Tycoons Rotary Marathon
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Parasports December 18, 2018 Para athletes see opportunities in Citi-International Paralympic Committee partnership
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Parasports December 17, 2018 Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
- Events December 17, 2018 Workshop on Concessions and Benefits for Children with Hearing Loss
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Disabled travellers raise concern over toilets being shut down in railway platforms
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports December 13, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018