Goa to host Swimmathon Event for disabled swimmers
Goa is getting ready to host the Goa Swimmathon Event this weekend for disabled swimmers. The event will witness the participation of more than 300 swimmers from across India.
The Goa Swimmathon will take place at Bambolim Bay on the weekend of 24 and 25 March.
25-year-old Dhruv Batra is among those who will be taking part. Dhruv, who lost his right leg in an accident, swam two kilometers in 2017, to the marvel of many onlookers.
Dhruv says that when he first started swimming, he was scared. He did not have the courage to meet the eyes of people around him. But gradually he became more confident. This ace swimmer is gearing up to swim a 5-km stretch this year.
Dhruv asserts that strength is not something that you have, it is something that you find, and it is right within you.
Many renowned swimmers from across India will be taking part in the event. They all have tales to tell of courage and strength. And that is just what you need before conquering what you want!
Watch in Sign Language
- "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
February 19, 2019
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019