Goa to host Swimmathon Event for disabled swimmers
March 23, 2018
Goa is getting ready to host the Goa Swimmathon Event this weekend for disabled swimmers. The event will witness the participation of more than 300 swimmers from across India.
The Goa Swimmathon will take place at Bambolim Bay on the weekend of 24 and 25 March.
25-year-old Dhruv Batra is among those who will be taking part. Dhruv, who lost his right leg in an accident, swam two kilometers in 2017, to the marvel of many onlookers.
Dhruv says that when he first started swimming, he was scared. He did not have the courage to meet the eyes of people around him. But gradually he became more confident. This ace swimmer is gearing up to swim a 5-km stretch this year.
Dhruv asserts that strength is not something that you have, it is something that you find, and it is right within you.
Many renowned swimmers from across India will be taking part in the event. They all have tales to tell of courage and strength. And that is just what you need before conquering what you want!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Parasports June 27, 2019 Bengaluru to play host to national blind football tournament
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News