Goa to host Swimmathon Event for disabled swimmers
March 23, 2018
Goa is getting ready to host the Goa Swimmathon Event this weekend for disabled swimmers. The event will witness the participation of more than 300 swimmers from across India.
The Goa Swimmathon will take place at Bambolim Bay on the weekend of 24 and 25 March.
25-year-old Dhruv Batra is among those who will be taking part. Dhruv, who lost his right leg in an accident, swam two kilometers in 2017, to the marvel of many onlookers.
Dhruv says that when he first started swimming, he was scared. He did not have the courage to meet the eyes of people around him. But gradually he became more confident. This ace swimmer is gearing up to swim a 5-km stretch this year.
Dhruv asserts that strength is not something that you have, it is something that you find, and it is right within you.
Many renowned swimmers from across India will be taking part in the event. They all have tales to tell of courage and strength. And that is just what you need before conquering what you want!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Accessibility April 12, 2019 Worthy of international medals, but "mentally unsound" to vote – Why this election will elude Asha Kiran home residents
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News