New BrailleVoice app reads news from the phone
March 24, 2018
Braille users can now access something unique and helpful. That's the new BrailleVoice app that will read out to blind or low vision users, all the latest news from their favorite publications.
BrailleVoice app will put the news in a touch-tone phone interface.
AKA Shan, who has developed many different apps over the last few years, has developed BrailleVoice.
Shan says that blind people often find it hard to navigate through different apps that are available in the market. With the facility of text to speech being made available, all that users need to do is call to a toll-free number to listen to the latest news from any site.
Shan says that another benefit of BrailleVoice is all that users do not need an Internet connection.
This means that even people in remote areas can also listen to their favorite news. Shan says the app is quite basic, but can be very helpful for blind users.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News