New BrailleVoice app reads news from the phone
Braille users can now access something unique and helpful. That's the new BrailleVoice app that will read out to blind or low vision users, all the latest news from their favorite publications.
BrailleVoice app will put the news in a touch-tone phone interface.
AKA Shan, who has developed many different apps over the last few years, has developed BrailleVoice.
Shan says that blind people often find it hard to navigate through different apps that are available in the market. With the facility of text to speech being made available, all that users need to do is call to a toll-free number to listen to the latest news from any site.
Shan says that another benefit of BrailleVoice is all that users do not need an Internet connection.
This means that even people in remote areas can also listen to their favorite news. Shan says the app is quite basic, but can be very helpful for blind users.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019