Kerala government launches single website for accessing government services
March 23, 2018
Kerala is India's first state to launch an app that will work as a single window for accessing government services.
The app is called mKeralam. It has been developed by the Kerala State Information Technology Mission.
In the initial period, the app can be used to access 100 public-oriented services offered by 20 government departments.
Later the site will cover 1,000 services from more than 80 government departments.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched the app during a two-day global digital summit being held in Kochi.
The website has been designed to make information access simpler for the people.
The state government is also planning to make all services available to the people through a mobile phone app in the near future.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
- Headlines April 12, 2019 Court fines Bengal government for film ban
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Strong links between diet & signs of autism, say experts
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News