Kerala government launches single website for accessing government services
Kerala is India's first state to launch an app that will work as a single window for accessing government services.
The app is called mKeralam. It has been developed by the Kerala State Information Technology Mission.
In the initial period, the app can be used to access 100 public-oriented services offered by 20 government departments.
Later the site will cover 1,000 services from more than 80 government departments.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched the app during a two-day global digital summit being held in Kochi.
The website has been designed to make information access simpler for the people.
The state government is also planning to make all services available to the people through a mobile phone app in the near future.
Watch in Sign Language
- The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
December 11, 2018
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018