Kerala government launches single website for accessing government services
Kerala is India's first state to launch an app that will work as a single window for accessing government services.
The app is called mKeralam. It has been developed by the Kerala State Information Technology Mission.
In the initial period, the app can be used to access 100 public-oriented services offered by 20 government departments.
Later the site will cover 1,000 services from more than 80 government departments.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched the app during a two-day global digital summit being held in Kochi.
The website has been designed to make information access simpler for the people.
The state government is also planning to make all services available to the people through a mobile phone app in the near future.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 Know more about the Race For 7 to mark International Rare Disease Day
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Events February 21, 2019 Course in Learning Disabilities from Samadhan Goyam
- Events February 20, 2019 Paintability!
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019