First Indian Sign Language Dictionary of 3,000 words launched in New Delhi
The first Indian Sign Language Dictionary was launched in New Delhi. The Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Thawarchand Gehlot, launched the dictionary that has 3,000 words.
The dictionary has been developed by the Indian Sign Language Research & Training Centre (ISLR&TC) under the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD).
Mr Gehlot said that the ISL Dictionary has been developed to overcome communication barriers between the deaf and hearing communities. It is focused on providing more information in Indian sign language.
The ISL Dictionary will give people who are deaf and hard of hearing the constitutional right to speech and opportunity of freedom of expression. Many more words will be added in this dictionary.
The ISLR&TC has been working on developing the Indian Sign Language Dictionary for the last one and a half years.
Watch in Sign Language
- Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
January 22, 2019
- Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
January 22, 2019
- Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
January 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility January 22, 2019 From ground up to policy level, Multiple Sclerosis Society of India speaks for patients India-wide
- Events January 19, 2019 Workshop on Secrets to Deal with ADHD Children
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Kangana threatens to destroy Karni Sena over objections to film
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Benefit Cosmetics' move to feature model with Down syndrome as ambassador gets a big thumbs up
- Events January 20, 2019 Deaf Awareness India- Guests Lecture
- Headlines January 17, 2019 India's D Gukesh is world’s 2nd youngest chess grandmaster
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Changing lives of disabled people for the better, the Swabhiman way
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Fed up of delays in updated guidelines for disabled MBBS aspirants, activists approach minister
- Headlines January 15, 2019 PM Modi tells public to rate government
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 8, 2019
Get-hooked January 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News