Being blind & hard of hearing does not come in the way of Tony's travel plans!
Tony Giles loves to travel. This 50-year-old has visited 127 countries, which is remarkable given that he is blind and hard of hearing. But that in no way has prevented him from travelling on his own.
Giles, who is 40 years old, has travelled across all the 50 states in the United States and seven continents.
Born and raised in England, Giles was diagnosed with cone dystrophy and photophobia when he was just nine months old. Though he could see in black and white until the age of 10, he was declared partially deaf by the time he was six.
Giles uses a powerful hearing aid, but he says it does not really help because he cannot hear things most of the times.
Tony learnt most of his skills at the Royal National College for the Blind in Hereford. These skills include Braille, mobility training, and the use of special computer software.
Tony says that he wants to travel to every single country in the world and die travelling! So what is your excuse to not pack your bags and go out there to explore the world?
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Tributes for Dhoni after great show against Australia
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Senior BJP leader makes offensive remarks about Mayawati
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Awareness to access, Cure SMA India speaks up for kids with spinal muscular atrophy
- Events January 16, 2019 All India Seventh Across Disability Matrimonial Get Together
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Jisha’s journey with art is a story of determination, passion
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Navy divers find second body in Meghalaya mine
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News