Being blind & hard of hearing does not come in the way of Tony's travel plans!
Tony Giles loves to travel. This 50-year-old has visited 127 countries, which is remarkable given that he is blind and hard of hearing. But that in no way has prevented him from travelling on his own.
Giles, who is 40 years old, has travelled across all the 50 states in the United States and seven continents.
Born and raised in England, Giles was diagnosed with cone dystrophy and photophobia when he was just nine months old. Though he could see in black and white until the age of 10, he was declared partially deaf by the time he was six.
Giles uses a powerful hearing aid, but he says it does not really help because he cannot hear things most of the times.
Tony learnt most of his skills at the Royal National College for the Blind in Hereford. These skills include Braille, mobility training, and the use of special computer software.
Tony says that he wants to travel to every single country in the world and die travelling! So what is your excuse to not pack your bags and go out there to explore the world?
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education November 15, 2018 Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Small touches that make love stronger when you date a deaf person
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer want wedding guests to donate to charity
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Sushmita Sen puts an end to marriage rumours on social media
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Multiple Disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News