Being blind & hard of hearing does not come in the way of Tony's travel plans!
March 24, 2018
Tony Giles loves to travel. This 50-year-old has visited 127 countries, which is remarkable given that he is blind and hard of hearing. But that in no way has prevented him from travelling on his own.
Giles, who is 40 years old, has travelled across all the 50 states in the United States and seven continents.
Born and raised in England, Giles was diagnosed with cone dystrophy and photophobia when he was just nine months old. Though he could see in black and white until the age of 10, he was declared partially deaf by the time he was six.
Giles uses a powerful hearing aid, but he says it does not really help because he cannot hear things most of the times.
Tony learnt most of his skills at the Royal National College for the Blind in Hereford. These skills include Braille, mobility training, and the use of special computer software.
Tony says that he wants to travel to every single country in the world and die travelling! So what is your excuse to not pack your bags and go out there to explore the world?
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 21, 2019 Workshop on Nayi Disha Resource Library
- Technology August 22, 2019 #TechThursdays – Kibo XS, world’s 1st intelligent personalised scanning & reading companion
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
- Technology August 22, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Prashant Gade wins Universal Design Award 2019 for Inali Arm
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-Hooked August 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News