Being blind & hard of hearing does not come in the way of Tony's travel plans!
March 24, 2018
Tony Giles loves to travel. This 50-year-old has visited 127 countries, which is remarkable given that he is blind and hard of hearing. But that in no way has prevented him from travelling on his own.
Giles, who is 40 years old, has travelled across all the 50 states in the United States and seven continents.
Born and raised in England, Giles was diagnosed with cone dystrophy and photophobia when he was just nine months old. Though he could see in black and white until the age of 10, he was declared partially deaf by the time he was six.
Giles uses a powerful hearing aid, but he says it does not really help because he cannot hear things most of the times.
Tony learnt most of his skills at the Royal National College for the Blind in Hereford. These skills include Braille, mobility training, and the use of special computer software.
Tony says that he wants to travel to every single country in the world and die travelling! So what is your excuse to not pack your bags and go out there to explore the world?
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
- Headlines March 24, 2019 Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
- Events March 20, 2019 1st ODI National Zone Cricket Championship for Deaf
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News