This Smart paint will help the blind move around in public easily
The Ohio State School for the Blind in the United States is developing a technology that will make moving around in public spaces easier for people who are blind or have low vision.
The school is working on a smart paint that can interact with the white cane used by people who are vision impaired.
The white cane vibrates when it touches the paint and can help blind walkers move on main roads and streets.
This smart paint can be used to paint the stripes of zebra crossings on traffic intersections.
When a blind walker using a cane with a new smart tip walks on the painted road, the cane will vibrate.
This means that a blind person will not have to depend on traffic noises to walk safely across the road.
The paint itself is transparent and cannot be seen by sighted people. It can be used to draw maps or navigation routes inside a building as well.
The makers of the paint are testing it extensively.
They are also trying to find various ways that it can be used to help people who are blind.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Health Problems in children with Autism
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Accessibility December 18, 2018 Chennai's largest inclusive children's playground has something unique for everyone
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Indian skipper Virat Kohli strikes 25th test hundred against Australia in style
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Parasports December 17, 2018 Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News