T20 Cricket tournament for disabled players to be held in Mumbai
The city of Mumbai will be hosting the 8th All-India 'Divyang' Inter-Zonal Cricket Championship.
The cricket championship for the disabled players is to be held from 30 March to 1 April.
The announcement was made by former India captain and president of the All-India Cricket Association for the Physically Challenged Ajit Wadekar at a press meet.
The cricket matches will be played using the T20 format. Teams will play under four groups of North, South, West, East and Central Zones.
Prior to this the zonal selection matches were played in New Delhi, Thrissur, Kolhapur, Godda (Jharkhand) and Bhilai.
Teams from Haryana, Tamil Nadu, Mumbai, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh were the winners.
LIC of India, New India Assurance, Indian Oil, GIC, HDFC, State Bank of India, Union Bank of India and Central Bank of India are supporting the tournament.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Events February 10, 2019 Cerebral Palsy at Bhopal and Varanasi 2019
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News