T20 Cricket tournament for disabled players to be held in Mumbai
The city of Mumbai will be hosting the 8th All-India 'Divyang' Inter-Zonal Cricket Championship.
The cricket championship for the disabled players is to be held from 30 March to 1 April.
The announcement was made by former India captain and president of the All-India Cricket Association for the Physically Challenged Ajit Wadekar at a press meet.
The cricket matches will be played using the T20 format. Teams will play under four groups of North, South, West, East and Central Zones.
Prior to this the zonal selection matches were played in New Delhi, Thrissur, Kolhapur, Godda (Jharkhand) and Bhilai.
Teams from Haryana, Tamil Nadu, Mumbai, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh were the winners.
LIC of India, New India Assurance, Indian Oil, GIC, HDFC, State Bank of India, Union Bank of India and Central Bank of India are supporting the tournament.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment November 11, 2018 Career choices for people with autism
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Some pre-school activities to improve well-being of disabled children
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Facebook launches TikTok like app called 'Lasso'
- Technology November 12, 2018 Manovue glove opens doors to visually impaired people who do not know Braille
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Small touches that make love stronger when you date a deaf person
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Air India pilot found drunk before flight
- Parasports November 11, 2018 Want to stay active? Check out these sports for disabled people
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 11, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018