T20 Cricket tournament for disabled players to be held in Mumbai
March 24, 2018
The city of Mumbai will be hosting the 8th All-India 'Divyang' Inter-Zonal Cricket Championship.
The cricket championship for the disabled players is to be held from 30 March to 1 April.
The announcement was made by former India captain and president of the All-India Cricket Association for the Physically Challenged Ajit Wadekar at a press meet.
The cricket matches will be played using the T20 format. Teams will play under four groups of North, South, West, East and Central Zones.
Prior to this the zonal selection matches were played in New Delhi, Thrissur, Kolhapur, Godda (Jharkhand) and Bhilai.
Teams from Haryana, Tamil Nadu, Mumbai, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh were the winners.
LIC of India, New India Assurance, Indian Oil, GIC, HDFC, State Bank of India, Union Bank of India and Central Bank of India are supporting the tournament.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Rich tributes paid to veteran actor Girish Karnad
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News