T20 Cricket tournament for disabled players to be held in Mumbai
March 24, 2018
The city of Mumbai will be hosting the 8th All-India 'Divyang' Inter-Zonal Cricket Championship.
The cricket championship for the disabled players is to be held from 30 March to 1 April.
The announcement was made by former India captain and president of the All-India Cricket Association for the Physically Challenged Ajit Wadekar at a press meet.
The cricket matches will be played using the T20 format. Teams will play under four groups of North, South, West, East and Central Zones.
Prior to this the zonal selection matches were played in New Delhi, Thrissur, Kolhapur, Godda (Jharkhand) and Bhilai.
Teams from Haryana, Tamil Nadu, Mumbai, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh were the winners.
LIC of India, New India Assurance, Indian Oil, GIC, HDFC, State Bank of India, Union Bank of India and Central Bank of India are supporting the tournament.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News