Apple to introduce emojis for people with disabilities
March 25, 2018
Technology giant Apple is bringing out something new for people with disabilities, and emojis it is!
The emojis will depict people with disabilities. The company plans to introduce 13 emojis that will represent people with disabilities.
The new emojis will depict the people who are blind, deaf, and with mobility impairments. It also includes people with autism and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Emojis of people on wheelchairs, service dogs, prosthetic arms and limbs, people pointing to their ears, people walking with white cane, etc will be added.
Apple says these emojis depicting people with disabilities will help create a culture that is inclusive. Emojis are a universal language and a strong means of communication as well as self-expression. It can be used to show love and concern to another person as well.
If the new emojis are approved, they will be released in March 2019.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 19, 2019 6 jawans injured in terror strike in Pulwama
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News