Apple to introduce emojis for people with disabilities
Technology giant Apple is bringing out something new for people with disabilities, and emojis it is!
The emojis will depict people with disabilities. The company plans to introduce 13 emojis that will represent people with disabilities.
The new emojis will depict the people who are blind, deaf, and with mobility impairments. It also includes people with autism and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Emojis of people on wheelchairs, service dogs, prosthetic arms and limbs, people pointing to their ears, people walking with white cane, etc will be added.
Apple says these emojis depicting people with disabilities will help create a culture that is inclusive. Emojis are a universal language and a strong means of communication as well as self-expression. It can be used to show love and concern to another person as well.
If the new emojis are approved, they will be released in March 2019.
Watch in Sign Language
- Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
December 9, 2018
- These disabled youngsters find their passion in something unique
December 9, 2018
- Deaf people are going to come together at Jantar Mantar this December for many reasons
December 8, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 4, 2018 Chennai's iconic Marina Beach turns accessible for two days
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Intellectual Disability
- Employment December 3, 2018 Hyderabad meet looks at ways to use tech to enable disabled people at the workplace
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Vijay Mallya offers to pay 100% loans back to the banks
- Accessibility December 3, 2018 Some fun activities for wheelchair users this winter
- Headlines December 4, 2018 Jet Airways cancels 14 flights as pilots didn’t show up for work
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Prime Minister Modi attends Priyanka-Nick’s reception party
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News