Some tips for parents with a special needs child
March 31, 2018
For the parent of a special needs child, daily life can become a little more stressful at times.
Here are a few things that can help you feel less stressed.
Get the help of other parents like you. Join a group of parents that are offline or online that are dealing with the same daily challenges as you. Talking to other adults will help you feel better and also help get practical tips and information.
Read about the medical condition of the child. Get as much information as you can about the symptoms, medications and care that is needed. This will help you get a better understanding and handle things in a proper manner.
Do not waste time and energy in self-pity or negative thoughts. Accept and move on to remain positive and focused on your life.
Indulge in playful therapy with the child. Having fun and quality time will help him improve. This will also provide the opportunity to spend quality time with the child.
- If you feel too stressed out or depressed, then seek therapy for yourself. Getting help for yourself is not improper at all.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 26, 2019 PM Modi biopic earns 3 crore
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Urmi Foundation helps disabled kids from poor communities get access to education
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Headlines May 27, 2019 Smriti Irani’s supporter shot dead in Amethi
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Video of candidate crying over 5 votes goes viral
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News