Some tips for parents with a special needs child
March 31, 2018
For the parent of a special needs child, daily life can become a little more stressful at times.
Here are a few things that can help you feel less stressed.
Get the help of other parents like you. Join a group of parents that are offline or online that are dealing with the same daily challenges as you. Talking to other adults will help you feel better and also help get practical tips and information.
Read about the medical condition of the child. Get as much information as you can about the symptoms, medications and care that is needed. This will help you get a better understanding and handle things in a proper manner.
Do not waste time and energy in self-pity or negative thoughts. Accept and move on to remain positive and focused on your life.
Indulge in playful therapy with the child. Having fun and quality time will help him improve. This will also provide the opportunity to spend quality time with the child.
- If you feel too stressed out or depressed, then seek therapy for yourself. Getting help for yourself is not improper at all.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
- #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Parasports August 15, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Disability led Madhusudan to discover a talent for wheelchair tennis
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Technology August 20, 2019 New robots to assist sportspersons at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News