Some tips for parents with a special needs child
For the parent of a special needs child, daily life can become a little more stressful at times.
Here are a few things that can help you feel less stressed.
Get the help of other parents like you. Join a group of parents that are offline or online that are dealing with the same daily challenges as you. Talking to other adults will help you feel better and also help get practical tips and information.
Read about the medical condition of the child. Get as much information as you can about the symptoms, medications and care that is needed. This will help you get a better understanding and handle things in a proper manner.
Do not waste time and energy in self-pity or negative thoughts. Accept and move on to remain positive and focused on your life.
Indulge in playful therapy with the child. Having fun and quality time will help him improve. This will also provide the opportunity to spend quality time with the child.
- If you feel too stressed out or depressed, then seek therapy for yourself. Getting help for yourself is not improper at all.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some tips to consider when working with a person who has Down syndrome
December 31, 2018
- AIIMS violates hiring norms for disabled people
December 29, 2018
- Workshop on barriers in recruitment faced by disabled people
December 26, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events January 10, 2019 9th Hong Kong International Deaf Film Festival
- Events January 14, 2019 मौसिक़ी- Conquer the mic
- Headlines January 16, 2019 MeToo: Film industry members defend Raju Hirani
- Headlines January 13, 2019 Ranbir, Alia to get engaged this year
- Headlines January 10, 2019 Elections will not disrupt India's plan to host all IPL matches
- Headlines January 16, 2019 Kumbh Mela 2019 begins in Prayagraj
- Get-hooked January 14, 2019 Kavish, A Love Story - Guest Column by Prerna Khanna
- Events January 16, 2019 All India Seventh Across Disability Matrimonial Get Together
- Get-hooked January 12, 2019 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Accessibility January 10, 2019 Help The Blind Foundation is enabling people to reach new levels of excellence every day
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News