Some tips for parents with a special needs child
For the parent of a special needs child, daily life can become a little more stressful at times.
Here are a few things that can help you feel less stressed.
Get the help of other parents like you. Join a group of parents that are offline or online that are dealing with the same daily challenges as you. Talking to other adults will help you feel better and also help get practical tips and information.
Read about the medical condition of the child. Get as much information as you can about the symptoms, medications and care that is needed. This will help you get a better understanding and handle things in a proper manner.
Do not waste time and energy in self-pity or negative thoughts. Accept and move on to remain positive and focused on your life.
Indulge in playful therapy with the child. Having fun and quality time will help him improve. This will also provide the opportunity to spend quality time with the child.
- If you feel too stressed out or depressed, then seek therapy for yourself. Getting help for yourself is not improper at all.
Watch in Sign Language
- Career choices for people with autism
November 11, 2018
- Career options for people with learning disabilities
November 9, 2018
- Some tips to manage the workplace for adults with ADHD
October 30, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 11, 2018 ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ crosses Rs 50 crore on first day of release
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Samsung to launch smartphone with four rear cameras in India this month
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Stephen Hawking's wheelchair & thesis fetch over $1 million at auction
- Get-hooked November 10, 2018 Abhaya Care Foundation lends a helping hand to children with disabilities
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Sushmita Sen puts an end to marriage rumours on social media
- Parasports November 15, 2018 Mumbai to play host to second wheelchair basketball camp in November
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 First ever scientific study establishes the magical link between music & autism
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Sabarimala remains turbulent as communal tenions continue
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer want wedding guests to donate to charity
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Employment November 9, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018