Some tips for parents with a special needs child
March 31, 2018
For the parent of a special needs child, daily life can become a little more stressful at times.
Here are a few things that can help you feel less stressed.
Get the help of other parents like you. Join a group of parents that are offline or online that are dealing with the same daily challenges as you. Talking to other adults will help you feel better and also help get practical tips and information.
Read about the medical condition of the child. Get as much information as you can about the symptoms, medications and care that is needed. This will help you get a better understanding and handle things in a proper manner.
Do not waste time and energy in self-pity or negative thoughts. Accept and move on to remain positive and focused on your life.
Indulge in playful therapy with the child. Having fun and quality time will help him improve. This will also provide the opportunity to spend quality time with the child.
- If you feel too stressed out or depressed, then seek therapy for yourself. Getting help for yourself is not improper at all.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
- Handicrops, India's first company founded by disabled people, set to spread outside Kerala
March 10, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Rewire your brain – Guest Column by Dr Elavatsala Sharma
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Trailer of biopic PM Narendra Modi gets over one million views
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Understanding Ataxia
- Headlines March 20, 2019 Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Mayawati will not contest 2019 general elections
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Kochi Muziris Biennale introduces Braille texts, becomes torch-bearers for inclusive art festivals
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 19, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News