Despite 4 world cup victories, India's blind cricket team still finds itself in the shadows
Even after bringing home four world cups and the Asian Cup, the blind cricket team of India finds itself neglected and sidelined by the Board of Cricket Control of India (BCCI).
Recently, the blind cricket team had appealed to the BCCI to recognize them. Many renowned cricketers, including Sachin Tendulkar, have urged the BCCI in this regard. However, there has been no movement forward.
The blind cricket team won the title of world champions in in 2014 and 2018. They also won the T-20 World Cup in the years 2012 and 2017. The Asian Cup was brought to India by this team in 2016. In spite of all these laurels, they are sidelined.
Zeeshan Haider, the captain of the blind cricket team from Uttar Pradesh, is also a part of the national team. Haider says that blind cricketers do not even have a stadium to practice. They have to meet their own expenses while attending national matches.
Fast bowler Deepak Mallik says the team does not even have an official, full-time doctor. When one of the players is injured, other players have to step in and help.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 9, 2018 'Thugs of Hindostan' movie review
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Vijay’s ‘Sarkar’ enters Rs 100 Crore club amidst controversies
- Get-hooked November 10, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Help your child with autism sleep better
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Headlines November 10, 2018 India & Taliban hold talks on non-official level in Moscow
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 11, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018