Top sportspersons complain of poor facilities at the Para-Athletics Championship
The 18th National Para-Athletics Championship has begun at the Tau Devi Lal Stadium at Gurgaon. The event is being organized by the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI). There are nearly 1,500 para-athletes taking part.
However, for such a big event, the facilities provided are a disappointment. Suvarna Raj, one of the participants, says there is not even a disabled-friendly. Raj also said that participants were made to sit on the floor by the organizers.
It looked like the organizers were not prepared for such a major event.
The para-athletes have given a complaint letter to Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar. Khattar has promised to look into the matter.
The organizers of the event have a different point of the view regarding the complaints that have been raised. They claim the shortcomings have already been rectified.
Naseem Ahmed, the officiating District Sports Officer, claims the stadium is disabled-friendly. Ahmed said that those who had complaints were shifted to another building.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 Disability Heroes - Prajith Jaipal is out to create a new India, accessible & barrier-free
- Accessibility December 6, 2018 Kerala government reserves 4% jobs for disabled people in government-aided educational institutions
- Headlines December 5, 2018 2.0 may soon become Akshay Kumar’s most successful film
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 VaccesS 2018 an exhibition about innovative & latest assistive devices
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Education December 7, 2018 Tips to help children with dyscalculia
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018