Top sportspersons complain of poor facilities at the Para-Athletics Championship
March 27, 2018
The 18th National Para-Athletics Championship has begun at the Tau Devi Lal Stadium at Gurgaon. The event is being organized by the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI). There are nearly 1,500 para-athletes taking part.
However, for such a big event, the facilities provided are a disappointment. Suvarna Raj, one of the participants, says there is not even a disabled-friendly. Raj also said that participants were made to sit on the floor by the organizers.
It looked like the organizers were not prepared for such a major event.
The para-athletes have given a complaint letter to Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar. Khattar has promised to look into the matter.
The organizers of the event have a different point of the view regarding the complaints that have been raised. They claim the shortcomings have already been rectified.
Naseem Ahmed, the officiating District Sports Officer, claims the stadium is disabled-friendly. Ahmed said that those who had complaints were shifted to another building.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Snehankit Helpline for visually impaired students is helping them shine in academics
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News