Top sportspersons complain of poor facilities at the Para-Athletics Championship
March 27, 2018
The 18th National Para-Athletics Championship has begun at the Tau Devi Lal Stadium at Gurgaon. The event is being organized by the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI). There are nearly 1,500 para-athletes taking part.
However, for such a big event, the facilities provided are a disappointment. Suvarna Raj, one of the participants, says there is not even a disabled-friendly. Raj also said that participants were made to sit on the floor by the organizers.
It looked like the organizers were not prepared for such a major event.
The para-athletes have given a complaint letter to Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar. Khattar has promised to look into the matter.
The organizers of the event have a different point of the view regarding the complaints that have been raised. They claim the shortcomings have already been rectified.
Naseem Ahmed, the officiating District Sports Officer, claims the stadium is disabled-friendly. Ahmed said that those who had complaints were shifted to another building.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News