Top sportspersons complain of poor facilities at the Para-Athletics Championship
The 18th National Para-Athletics Championship has begun at the Tau Devi Lal Stadium at Gurgaon. The event is being organized by the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI). There are nearly 1,500 para-athletes taking part.
However, for such a big event, the facilities provided are a disappointment. Suvarna Raj, one of the participants, says there is not even a disabled-friendly. Raj also said that participants were made to sit on the floor by the organizers.
It looked like the organizers were not prepared for such a major event.
The para-athletes have given a complaint letter to Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar. Khattar has promised to look into the matter.
The organizers of the event have a different point of the view regarding the complaints that have been raised. They claim the shortcomings have already been rectified.
Naseem Ahmed, the officiating District Sports Officer, claims the stadium is disabled-friendly. Ahmed said that those who had complaints were shifted to another building.
Watch in Sign Language
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News