Embrace your unique qualities, says Andria Tomlin, the colorblind makeup artist
Following a morning beauty routine can be difficult when your choice of color is limited by colorblindness. Its a reality Andria Tomlin faces every day. In her case, she is a professional makeup artist.
Andria may be colorblind, but she is creating waves in the beauty industry. She realized that she was colorblind when she was 18 years old, after she was tested.
Andria has a red and green sensitivity called Deuteranomaly This means she finds it hard to distinguish reds, greens, browns, and oranges. She finds it easiest to see the colors, purple, blue, and yellow.
That has not stopped her from pursuing a career as a makeup artist, Her amazing talents are getting her noticed on social media.
Andria has found some unique ways to blend skin tones with proper foundations and to use the right color palettes on her clients. She has even opted to use technology.
Andria is happy that she is able to encourage women who are colorblind to seek a career in fashion or beauty.She tells everyone not to hide their colorblindness, but to accept the fact that they are unique and embrace it.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019