Embrace your unique qualities, says Andria Tomlin, the colorblind makeup artist
Following a morning beauty routine can be difficult when your choice of color is limited by colorblindness. Its a reality Andria Tomlin faces every day. In her case, she is a professional makeup artist.
Andria may be colorblind, but she is creating waves in the beauty industry. She realized that she was colorblind when she was 18 years old, after she was tested.
Andria has a red and green sensitivity called Deuteranomaly This means she finds it hard to distinguish reds, greens, browns, and oranges. She finds it easiest to see the colors, purple, blue, and yellow.
That has not stopped her from pursuing a career as a makeup artist, Her amazing talents are getting her noticed on social media.
Andria has found some unique ways to blend skin tones with proper foundations and to use the right color palettes on her clients. She has even opted to use technology.
Andria is happy that she is able to encourage women who are colorblind to seek a career in fashion or beauty.She tells everyone not to hide their colorblindness, but to accept the fact that they are unique and embrace it.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Protests in Sabarimala continues on fourth day
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Inclusion should begin early to build greater understanding & awareness, say experts
- Headlines October 14, 2018 Industry 4.0 will create jobs, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 18, 2018
Get-hooked October 19, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News