Embrace your unique qualities, says Andria Tomlin, the colorblind makeup artist
March 28, 2018
Following a morning beauty routine can be difficult when your choice of color is limited by colorblindness. Its a reality Andria Tomlin faces every day. In her case, she is a professional makeup artist.
Andria may be colorblind, but she is creating waves in the beauty industry. She realized that she was colorblind when she was 18 years old, after she was tested.
Andria has a red and green sensitivity called Deuteranomaly This means she finds it hard to distinguish reds, greens, browns, and oranges. She finds it easiest to see the colors, purple, blue, and yellow.
That has not stopped her from pursuing a career as a makeup artist, Her amazing talents are getting her noticed on social media.
Andria has found some unique ways to blend skin tones with proper foundations and to use the right color palettes on her clients. She has even opted to use technology.
Andria is happy that she is able to encourage women who are colorblind to seek a career in fashion or beauty.She tells everyone not to hide their colorblindness, but to accept the fact that they are unique and embrace it.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Education April 11, 2019 #AutismPower - Chennai's CanBridge Academy offers work & life skills training for disabled youth
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News