Embrace your unique qualities, says Andria Tomlin, the colorblind makeup artist
March 28, 2018
Following a morning beauty routine can be difficult when your choice of color is limited by colorblindness. Its a reality Andria Tomlin faces every day. In her case, she is a professional makeup artist.
Andria may be colorblind, but she is creating waves in the beauty industry. She realized that she was colorblind when she was 18 years old, after she was tested.
Andria has a red and green sensitivity called Deuteranomaly This means she finds it hard to distinguish reds, greens, browns, and oranges. She finds it easiest to see the colors, purple, blue, and yellow.
That has not stopped her from pursuing a career as a makeup artist, Her amazing talents are getting her noticed on social media.
Andria has found some unique ways to blend skin tones with proper foundations and to use the right color palettes on her clients. She has even opted to use technology.
Andria is happy that she is able to encourage women who are colorblind to seek a career in fashion or beauty.She tells everyone not to hide their colorblindness, but to accept the fact that they are unique and embrace it.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News