Embrace your unique qualities, says Andria Tomlin, the colorblind makeup artist
Following a morning beauty routine can be difficult when your choice of color is limited by colorblindness. Its a reality Andria Tomlin faces every day. In her case, she is a professional makeup artist.
Andria may be colorblind, but she is creating waves in the beauty industry. She realized that she was colorblind when she was 18 years old, after she was tested.
Andria has a red and green sensitivity called Deuteranomaly This means she finds it hard to distinguish reds, greens, browns, and oranges. She finds it easiest to see the colors, purple, blue, and yellow.
That has not stopped her from pursuing a career as a makeup artist, Her amazing talents are getting her noticed on social media.
Andria has found some unique ways to blend skin tones with proper foundations and to use the right color palettes on her clients. She has even opted to use technology.
Andria is happy that she is able to encourage women who are colorblind to seek a career in fashion or beauty.She tells everyone not to hide their colorblindness, but to accept the fact that they are unique and embrace it.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 18, 2018 Chennai's largest inclusive children's playground has something unique for everyone
- Get-hooked December 19, 2018 Gluten free diet for children with autism. Some information
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Indian skipper Virat Kohli strikes 25th test hundred against Australia in style
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News