Cricket League for the deaf begins in Ludhiana
March 28, 2018
Punjab is all set to host a fresh season of cricket for the deaf. Cricketers who are hard of hearing from India, Nepal, and Bangladesh will take part in this event which will be hosted at Ludhiana. This is the third edition of the Usha India Cricket League for Deaf-2018.
Chenab XI, Ravi XI, Beas XI, Sutlej XI, Jhelum XI, AICAD XI, Silent Heros XI and Deaf Lions XI are the eight teams that are gearing up for the matches. The matches will be held at the PAU cricket ground, the Government Model School ground at the PAU and the Guru Nanak Engineering College ground.
This Cricket League for Deaf-2018 has quite a few sponsors apart from Usha International. These are the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd, the National Skill Development Corporation, Avon Cycles, State Bank of India, and Mentor Skills India.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Education June 10, 2019 Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Australia
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News