Cricket League for the deaf begins in Ludhiana
Punjab is all set to host a fresh season of cricket for the deaf. Cricketers who are hard of hearing from India, Nepal, and Bangladesh will take part in this event which will be hosted at Ludhiana. This is the third edition of the Usha India Cricket League for Deaf-2018.
Chenab XI, Ravi XI, Beas XI, Sutlej XI, Jhelum XI, AICAD XI, Silent Heros XI and Deaf Lions XI are the eight teams that are gearing up for the matches. The matches will be held at the PAU cricket ground, the Government Model School ground at the PAU and the Guru Nanak Engineering College ground.
This Cricket League for Deaf-2018 has quite a few sponsors apart from Usha International. These are the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd, the National Skill Development Corporation, Avon Cycles, State Bank of India, and Mentor Skills India.
Watch in Sign Language
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News