Cricket League for the deaf begins in Ludhiana
March 28, 2018
Punjab is all set to host a fresh season of cricket for the deaf. Cricketers who are hard of hearing from India, Nepal, and Bangladesh will take part in this event which will be hosted at Ludhiana. This is the third edition of the Usha India Cricket League for Deaf-2018.
Chenab XI, Ravi XI, Beas XI, Sutlej XI, Jhelum XI, AICAD XI, Silent Heros XI and Deaf Lions XI are the eight teams that are gearing up for the matches. The matches will be held at the PAU cricket ground, the Government Model School ground at the PAU and the Guru Nanak Engineering College ground.
This Cricket League for Deaf-2018 has quite a few sponsors apart from Usha International. These are the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd, the National Skill Development Corporation, Avon Cycles, State Bank of India, and Mentor Skills India.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News