Lack of hands no barrier for Vikram Agnihotri, who wins 3rd place in Desert Storm Rally!
March 28, 2018
Meet 47-year-old Vikram Agnihotri, who is creating waves after winning third position at the Desert Storm Rally in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan! Agnihotri, who does not have hands, is from Indore. He is the first disabled person in Indore to get a driving license.
He is now all set to reach new heights after his terrific win.
Agnihotri, who drives with his legs, has been a passionate driver for many years. He drives even in difficult weather and road conditions. He drove from Bikaner to Jaisalmer, a distance of 1,200 kilometers in five days.
Agnihotri said he faced many difficulties, as the driving conditions were quite extreme. But he is not discouraged. In fact, he if looking forward to his next rally.
The next rally is the Raid de Himalayas Rally, which is on a hilly terrain.
Agnihotri and his navigator received a standing ovation when they were given a cash prize of Rs 15,000.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News