Lack of hands no barrier for Vikram Agnihotri, who wins 3rd place in Desert Storm Rally!
March 28, 2018
Meet 47-year-old Vikram Agnihotri, who is creating waves after winning third position at the Desert Storm Rally in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan! Agnihotri, who does not have hands, is from Indore. He is the first disabled person in Indore to get a driving license.
He is now all set to reach new heights after his terrific win.
Agnihotri, who drives with his legs, has been a passionate driver for many years. He drives even in difficult weather and road conditions. He drove from Bikaner to Jaisalmer, a distance of 1,200 kilometers in five days.
Agnihotri said he faced many difficulties, as the driving conditions were quite extreme. But he is not discouraged. In fact, he if looking forward to his next rally.
The next rally is the Raid de Himalayas Rally, which is on a hilly terrain.
Agnihotri and his navigator received a standing ovation when they were given a cash prize of Rs 15,000.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Accessibility April 12, 2019 Worthy of international medals, but "mentally unsound" to vote – Why this election will elude Asha Kiran home residents
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News