Igniting Dreams - An education sensitization program to empower differently abled children to pursue professional careers.
• Dr. Suresh Advani - Renowned Oncologist from Mumbai, who was affected by Polio and uses a wheelchair. Recipient of Padma Bhushan, Dr. B. C Roy National award, Padmashri and many more. • Ashwin Karthik - India’s first BE graduate with Cerebral Palsy (Quadriplegic). • Dr. Charudatta Jadhav - Heads innovations and Inclusive Design group at TCS. • Madhavi Latha Prathigudupu - President of the Wheelchair Basketball Federation of India (WBFI), • Divyanshu Ganatra - An entrepreneur who runs an adventure sports company. India's first visually impaired solo para-glider. • Mr. J Rajashekar Reddy - India's first visually impaired Chartered Accountant from Hyderabad
Request you to please inform any student of yours who is physically differently abled from class 7 to 12. Please inform their parents and teachers as well. When the differently-abled children interact with these inspiring people they will have an aspiration to dream big and know that they too can pursue professional courses. As a follow-up to this, we will be selecting students for mentorship and scholarship programs and hand hold them through their journey of professional education.
We hope you will join us in building a country where the differently abled people are equal contributing forces to our society, to build a society where people are empowered to live a life of their choice.
- Starts on: Sunday, 15 Apr 2018 at 09:00 AM
- Ends on: Sunday, 15 Apr 2018 at 09:00 PM
- City: Bangalore
- Location: Jain University, Jayanagar 9th block
- Event Charges: Free
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: Yes
- Registration Link
- Organizer Name: Astha
- Organizer Phone: 9900520581
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http://www.astha.in
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Health Problems in children with Autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018