Igniting Dreams - An education sensitization program to empower differently abled children to pursue professional careers.
• Dr. Suresh Advani - Renowned Oncologist from Mumbai, who was affected by Polio and uses a wheelchair. Recipient of Padma Bhushan, Dr. B. C Roy National award, Padmashri and many more. • Ashwin Karthik - India’s first BE graduate with Cerebral Palsy (Quadriplegic). • Dr. Charudatta Jadhav - Heads innovations and Inclusive Design group at TCS. • Madhavi Latha Prathigudupu - President of the Wheelchair Basketball Federation of India (WBFI), • Divyanshu Ganatra - An entrepreneur who runs an adventure sports company. India's first visually impaired solo para-glider. • Mr. J Rajashekar Reddy - India's first visually impaired Chartered Accountant from Hyderabad
Request you to please inform any student of yours who is physically differently abled from class 7 to 12. Please inform their parents and teachers as well. When the differently-abled children interact with these inspiring people they will have an aspiration to dream big and know that they too can pursue professional courses. As a follow-up to this, we will be selecting students for mentorship and scholarship programs and hand hold them through their journey of professional education.
We hope you will join us in building a country where the differently abled people are equal contributing forces to our society, to build a society where people are empowered to live a life of their choice.
- Starts on: Sunday, 15 Apr 2018 at 09:00 AM
- Ends on: Sunday, 15 Apr 2018 at 09:00 PM
- City: Bangalore
- Location: Jain University, Jayanagar 9th block
- Event Charges: Free
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: Yes
- Registration Link
- Organizer Name: Astha
- Organizer Phone: 9900520581
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http://www.astha.in
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Headlines October 23, 2018 Jio Diwali Dhamaka Offer brings yearlong free calling for just 1699
- Headlines October 23, 2018 Uttar Pradesh politician's wife arrested on suspicion of killing son
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 Staying fit with a disability is easy, here are some tips
- Education October 20, 2018 Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News