Deaf Cricket League begins, lack of audience spoils the spirit
March 29, 2018
The third edition of the Usha Deaf Cricket League 2018 has begun in Ludhiana. But the lack of an audience has spoiled the spirit of the game.
The event at the Punjab Agricultural University has more than 150 players from eight teams.
The lack of support from government authorities and cricket lovers across India is dampening the spirits of a bunch of passionate deaf cricket players. This is precisely why the All India Federation of Cricket for Deaf has been trying to get an affiliation with the Board of Cricket Control for India (BCCI).
Players and organizers complained about how concerned officials or the sports departments are not taking any interest in deaf cricket.
Deaf cricketers say they deserve equal opportunities like able-bodied cricketers. Lack of awareness and poor publicity about matches makes things worse for deaf cricket.
Chenab XI, Ravi XI, Beas XI, Sutlej XI, Jhelum XI, AICAD XI, Silent Heroes XI and Deaf Lions XI are the eight teams that are taking part in the Deaf Cricket League.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- #IStandIndependent - Amidst hardships, Manoj Kumar pursues his love for sports with determination & hard work
August 22, 2019
- Indian para swimmers successfully swim the Catalina Channel, set Asia record
August 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News