Deaf Cricket League begins, lack of audience spoils the spirit
The third edition of the Usha Deaf Cricket League 2018 has begun in Ludhiana. But the lack of an audience has spoiled the spirit of the game.
The event at the Punjab Agricultural University has more than 150 players from eight teams.
The lack of support from government authorities and cricket lovers across India is dampening the spirits of a bunch of passionate deaf cricket players. This is precisely why the All India Federation of Cricket for Deaf has been trying to get an affiliation with the Board of Cricket Control for India (BCCI).
Players and organizers complained about how concerned officials or the sports departments are not taking any interest in deaf cricket.
Deaf cricketers say they deserve equal opportunities like able-bodied cricketers. Lack of awareness and poor publicity about matches makes things worse for deaf cricket.
Chenab XI, Ravi XI, Beas XI, Sutlej XI, Jhelum XI, AICAD XI, Silent Heroes XI and Deaf Lions XI are the eight teams that are taking part in the Deaf Cricket League.
Watch in Sign Language
- “My blade are my wings to fly”- My Take by Sajesh Krishnan, Kerala’s first blade runner
January 22, 2019
- Champions with disabilities display guts & glory at the 2019 Tata Mumbai Marathon
January 22, 2019
- Samarthanam Trust, Pinkathon to.organize ultra-marathon for visually impaired people
January 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 16, 2019 Kumbh Mela 2019 begins in Prayagraj
- Headlines January 22, 2019 India vs New Zealand - Dhoni close to breaking Sachin's record
- Events January 18, 2019 Rapid & Blitz Chess Tournament
- Accessibility January 18, 2019 Goa Carnival 2019 promises to be wheelchair accessible
- Get-hooked January 20, 2019 Understanding Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Headlines January 22, 2019 WhatsApp sets limit on forwarding messages to stop spread of rumors
- Events January 21, 2019 Agra Deaf Enable Society- Republic Day Event
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Disabled people in Goa accuse authorities of demanding full body pictures for disability certificates
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Navy divers find second body in Meghalaya mine
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Dhoni becomes 4th Indian to record 1,000 one day runs in Australia
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News