Deaf Cricket League begins, lack of audience spoils the spirit
March 29, 2018
The third edition of the Usha Deaf Cricket League 2018 has begun in Ludhiana. But the lack of an audience has spoiled the spirit of the game.
The event at the Punjab Agricultural University has more than 150 players from eight teams.
The lack of support from government authorities and cricket lovers across India is dampening the spirits of a bunch of passionate deaf cricket players. This is precisely why the All India Federation of Cricket for Deaf has been trying to get an affiliation with the Board of Cricket Control for India (BCCI).
Players and organizers complained about how concerned officials or the sports departments are not taking any interest in deaf cricket.
Deaf cricketers say they deserve equal opportunities like able-bodied cricketers. Lack of awareness and poor publicity about matches makes things worse for deaf cricket.
Chenab XI, Ravi XI, Beas XI, Sutlej XI, Jhelum XI, AICAD XI, Silent Heroes XI and Deaf Lions XI are the eight teams that are taking part in the Deaf Cricket League.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
- Accessibility May 26, 2019 'Have a right to be out & about', says Sindhu, only wheelchair user to attend Kerala's Attukal Pongala festival
- Get-hooked May 26, 2019 Children with autism more prone to sleep problems, says focused study
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Headlines May 25, 2019 18 children killed in fire at Surat building
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News