Rajasthan to start a university for people with disabilities
The Rajasthan government will start a university for people with disabilities in the state. Courses at this university will provide a detailed insight into different skills and courses to disabled people.
Anyone will be eligible to join the university. Over 50% of the seats will be reserved for people with disabilities.
The proposal to set up the university was made by Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje. Rs 6.5 crore has been sanctioned for the university.
The government said that there are no universities in India that cater to the needs of people with disabilities. The proposed university will also employ specially trained teachers for disabled people.
According to the 2011 census, Rajasthan has more than 15 lakh people with disabilities. The university will be located at Jamdoli. It is expected to start enrolments by 2019.
Watch in Sign Language
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
- Tips to help children with dyscalculia
December 7, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News