Rajasthan to start a university for people with disabilities
The Rajasthan government will start a university for people with disabilities in the state. Courses at this university will provide a detailed insight into different skills and courses to disabled people.
Anyone will be eligible to join the university. Over 50% of the seats will be reserved for people with disabilities.
The proposal to set up the university was made by Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje. Rs 6.5 crore has been sanctioned for the university.
The government said that there are no universities in India that cater to the needs of people with disabilities. The proposed university will also employ specially trained teachers for disabled people.
According to the 2011 census, Rajasthan has more than 15 lakh people with disabilities. The university will be located at Jamdoli. It is expected to start enrolments by 2019.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
October 20, 2018
- Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
October 18, 2018
- Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
October 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Events October 21, 2018 Diwali Mela 2018
- Accessibility October 21, 2018 Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
- Headlines October 16, 2018 Over 70 cases of Zika virus reported in Rajasthan
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Leprosy Cured persons
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Abhyan Centre steps in to lend a hand to disabled teenagers
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Chaarana Centre for Special Needs is a haven for disabled children in Bengaluru
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education October 20, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News