Summer holidays for blind children at the Aluva School get more exciting!
March 30, 2018
Summer vacations are here. Students at the School for the Blind at Aluva in Kerala are gearing up to celebrate. This time, their vacations are going to be more fun.
The blind students here will get a device worth Rs 10,000 when they go home for vacations! This device will help them study and understand lessons better. Students will also receive a study aid that can store data, an MP3 player and a reader as well. All this is thanks to Commodore Joginder Chandna and his wife Suman, who have sponsored these aids for the blind students.
Commodore Chandna and his wife are frequent visitors to this school for the past many years. Once, they heard a blind student Abhishek sing a song. Since then, the couple has been smitten by talents of blind students.
The Chandnas says that they are very happy that they could do their bit for blind students at the school.
The School for the Blind at Aluva was formed 56 years ago. They have students from classes one to nine. The maximum that the institution can accommodate are 70. Earlier, the school used to cater only to blind students. Now, they have a few children with other disabilities as well. The school is training more teachers to come on-board in order to teach children with other disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Headlines April 12, 2019 Court fines Bengal government for film ban
- Events April 11, 2019 Sibling Gathering
- Get-hooked April 11, 2019 Visually impaired girls from Ahmedabad chosen to perform the garba at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Headlines April 11, 2019 IPL 2019 - MI Vs KXIP
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News