Summer holidays for blind children at the Aluva School get more exciting!
Summer vacations are here. Students at the School for the Blind at Aluva in Kerala are gearing up to celebrate. This time, their vacations are going to be more fun.
The blind students here will get a device worth Rs 10,000 when they go home for vacations! This device will help them study and understand lessons better. Students will also receive a study aid that can store data, an MP3 player and a reader as well. All this is thanks to Commodore Joginder Chandna and his wife Suman, who have sponsored these aids for the blind students.
Commodore Chandna and his wife are frequent visitors to this school for the past many years. Once, they heard a blind student Abhishek sing a song. Since then, the couple has been smitten by talents of blind students.
The Chandnas says that they are very happy that they could do their bit for blind students at the school.
The School for the Blind at Aluva was formed 56 years ago. They have students from classes one to nine. The maximum that the institution can accommodate are 70. Earlier, the school used to cater only to blind students. Now, they have a few children with other disabilities as well. The school is training more teachers to come on-board in order to teach children with other disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Protests in Sabarimala continues on fourth day
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
- Parasports October 15, 2018 Top sports brand Nike's move to sign up athlete with cerebral palsy hailed
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Leprosy Cured persons
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Accessibility October 19, 2018 Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 19, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News