Summer holidays for blind children at the Aluva School get more exciting!
Summer vacations are here. Students at the School for the Blind at Aluva in Kerala are gearing up to celebrate. This time, their vacations are going to be more fun.
The blind students here will get a device worth Rs 10,000 when they go home for vacations! This device will help them study and understand lessons better. Students will also receive a study aid that can store data, an MP3 player and a reader as well. All this is thanks to Commodore Joginder Chandna and his wife Suman, who have sponsored these aids for the blind students.
Commodore Chandna and his wife are frequent visitors to this school for the past many years. Once, they heard a blind student Abhishek sing a song. Since then, the couple has been smitten by talents of blind students.
The Chandnas says that they are very happy that they could do their bit for blind students at the school.
The School for the Blind at Aluva was formed 56 years ago. They have students from classes one to nine. The maximum that the institution can accommodate are 70. Earlier, the school used to cater only to blind students. Now, they have a few children with other disabilities as well. The school is training more teachers to come on-board in order to teach children with other disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Headlines December 6, 2018 India vs Australia announce teams for Adelaide Test
- Headlines December 4, 2018 India’s first engineless ‘Train 18’ completes successful trial run
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Campaigning for accessibility from UAE to India - My Take by Shobhika Kalra, Co-founder, Wings of Angelz
- Employment December 5, 2018 Sign language interpreters at job interviews plays a crucial role. Here is why.
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Wedding preparations of Mukesh Ambani's daughter begin
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News