Summer holidays for blind children at the Aluva School get more exciting!
March 30, 2018
Summer vacations are here. Students at the School for the Blind at Aluva in Kerala are gearing up to celebrate. This time, their vacations are going to be more fun.
The blind students here will get a device worth Rs 10,000 when they go home for vacations! This device will help them study and understand lessons better. Students will also receive a study aid that can store data, an MP3 player and a reader as well. All this is thanks to Commodore Joginder Chandna and his wife Suman, who have sponsored these aids for the blind students.
Commodore Chandna and his wife are frequent visitors to this school for the past many years. Once, they heard a blind student Abhishek sing a song. Since then, the couple has been smitten by talents of blind students.
The Chandnas says that they are very happy that they could do their bit for blind students at the school.
The School for the Blind at Aluva was formed 56 years ago. They have students from classes one to nine. The maximum that the institution can accommodate are 70. Earlier, the school used to cater only to blind students. Now, they have a few children with other disabilities as well. The school is training more teachers to come on-board in order to teach children with other disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News