Chenab XI wins the trophy for Usha Deaf Cricket League 2018
March 31, 2018
The All India Cricket Association for the Deaf (AICAD) and the Deaf Cricket Federation, Punjab organized the Usha Deaf Cricket League this week. Chenab XI won the trophy for best team this year. This is the third time the event was held.
Chenab XI won a cash prize of Rs one lakh. . Aman, who scored 174 runs and bagged 14 wickets, was Man of the Match. He also won a Datsun car for his splendid performance at the cricket league.
Apart from Chenab X1, Satluj XI, Ravi XI, Chenab XI, Beas XI, Jhelum XI, AICAD XI, Silent Heroes XI, and Deaf Lions XI are the other teams that took part in the match. The final match was attended by many important people from the cricket world. There were politicians as well.
The matches were held in different cities in Punjab. However, there were very few spectators. This was a disappointment to the organizers given the popularity of cricket in India.
The organizers also struggled to raise funds for the matches. There was no government support. The Deaf Cricket League has made many appeals to the Board of Cricket Control of India (BCCI) for affiliation but have been turned down.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology July 12, 2019 Excessive TV watching could trigger symptoms of ADHD in kids, says study
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Behavior as a communication tool
- Events July 11, 2019 Ensuring Safety of Children with Disability
- Headlines July 11, 2019 India lose semi-final to New Zealand
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Events July 11, 2019 SignAlong - Sign language workshop
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News