Chenab XI wins the trophy for Usha Deaf Cricket League 2018
The All India Cricket Association for the Deaf (AICAD) and the Deaf Cricket Federation, Punjab organized the Usha Deaf Cricket League this week. Chenab XI won the trophy for best team this year. This is the third time the event was held.
Chenab XI won a cash prize of Rs one lakh. . Aman, who scored 174 runs and bagged 14 wickets, was Man of the Match. He also won a Datsun car for his splendid performance at the cricket league.
Apart from Chenab X1, Satluj XI, Ravi XI, Chenab XI, Beas XI, Jhelum XI, AICAD XI, Silent Heroes XI, and Deaf Lions XI are the other teams that took part in the match. The final match was attended by many important people from the cricket world. There were politicians as well.
The matches were held in different cities in Punjab. However, there were very few spectators. This was a disappointment to the organizers given the popularity of cricket in India.
The organizers also struggled to raise funds for the matches. There was no government support. The Deaf Cricket League has made many appeals to the Board of Cricket Control of India (BCCI) for affiliation but have been turned down.
Watch in Sign Language
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 14, 2019