Tatanagar station in Jamshedpur becomes more accessible for disabled people & elderly
April 1, 2018
Elderly and ailing passengers in Jamshedpur have some good news. They may no longer have to walk on Tatanagar platforms one and two now that the railway station. This is after a decision was taken to launch two more battery-run cars. This takes the total fleet size to three.
Until now, Tatanagar station had a single four-seater vehicle, donated by an NGO. It covered 25-km on a single charge, helping passengers during rush hours.
The two new cars are expected to be launched in the next two months.
Three companies have shown interest in donating battery-operated vehicles to Tatanagar. The station needs two more cars to help disabled people and elderly passengers to commute from the entrance gate to the platforms. The service will be free.
These will operate round the clock. Only some of the platforms will have the service as the rest are yet to be linked with ramps.
The station will provide charging ports while the salary of drivers would be paid by the agency that will run the service.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Don't play too safe with your money, look at ways to invest smartly
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News