Tatanagar station in Jamshedpur becomes more accessible for disabled people & elderly
Elderly and ailing passengers in Jamshedpur have some good news. They may no longer have to walk on Tatanagar platforms one and two now that the railway station. This is after a decision was taken to launch two more battery-run cars. This takes the total fleet size to three.
Until now, Tatanagar station had a single four-seater vehicle, donated by an NGO. It covered 25-km on a single charge, helping passengers during rush hours.
The two new cars are expected to be launched in the next two months.
Three companies have shown interest in donating battery-operated vehicles to Tatanagar. The station needs two more cars to help disabled people and elderly passengers to commute from the entrance gate to the platforms. The service will be free.
These will operate round the clock. Only some of the platforms will have the service as the rest are yet to be linked with ramps.
The station will provide charging ports while the salary of drivers would be paid by the agency that will run the service.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News