Tatanagar station in Jamshedpur becomes more accessible for disabled people & elderly
Elderly and ailing passengers in Jamshedpur have some good news. They may no longer have to walk on Tatanagar platforms one and two now that the railway station. This is after a decision was taken to launch two more battery-run cars. This takes the total fleet size to three.
Until now, Tatanagar station had a single four-seater vehicle, donated by an NGO. It covered 25-km on a single charge, helping passengers during rush hours.
The two new cars are expected to be launched in the next two months.
Three companies have shown interest in donating battery-operated vehicles to Tatanagar. The station needs two more cars to help disabled people and elderly passengers to commute from the entrance gate to the platforms. The service will be free.
These will operate round the clock. Only some of the platforms will have the service as the rest are yet to be linked with ramps.
The station will provide charging ports while the salary of drivers would be paid by the agency that will run the service.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Headlines October 23, 2018 Uttar Pradesh politician's wife arrested on suspicion of killing son
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Inclusion should begin early to build greater understanding & awareness, say experts
- Get-hooked October 22, 2018 What matters is how we run the race - Guest Column by Vineet Saraiwala, visually impaired marathoner
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Chaarana Centre for Special Needs is a haven for disabled children in Bengaluru
- Events October 22, 2018 Sixth National Conference on Inclusive Education
- Education October 20, 2018 Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
- Get-hooked October 22, 2018 Children with autism find a ray of hope at Sunshine in Bengaluru
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Three more women denied entry into Sabarimala
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 19, 2018
Get-hooked October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News