Tatanagar station in Jamshedpur becomes more accessible for disabled people & elderly
Elderly and ailing passengers in Jamshedpur have some good news. They may no longer have to walk on Tatanagar platforms one and two now that the railway station. This is after a decision was taken to launch two more battery-run cars. This takes the total fleet size to three.
Until now, Tatanagar station had a single four-seater vehicle, donated by an NGO. It covered 25-km on a single charge, helping passengers during rush hours.
The two new cars are expected to be launched in the next two months.
Three companies have shown interest in donating battery-operated vehicles to Tatanagar. The station needs two more cars to help disabled people and elderly passengers to commute from the entrance gate to the platforms. The service will be free.
These will operate round the clock. Only some of the platforms will have the service as the rest are yet to be linked with ramps.
The station will provide charging ports while the salary of drivers would be paid by the agency that will run the service.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Health Problems in children with Autism
- Employment December 11, 2018 Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018