Tatanagar station in Jamshedpur becomes more accessible for disabled people & elderly
April 1, 2018
Elderly and ailing passengers in Jamshedpur have some good news. They may no longer have to walk on Tatanagar platforms one and two now that the railway station. This is after a decision was taken to launch two more battery-run cars. This takes the total fleet size to three.
Until now, Tatanagar station had a single four-seater vehicle, donated by an NGO. It covered 25-km on a single charge, helping passengers during rush hours.
The two new cars are expected to be launched in the next two months.
Three companies have shown interest in donating battery-operated vehicles to Tatanagar. The station needs two more cars to help disabled people and elderly passengers to commute from the entrance gate to the platforms. The service will be free.
These will operate round the clock. Only some of the platforms will have the service as the rest are yet to be linked with ramps.
The station will provide charging ports while the salary of drivers would be paid by the agency that will run the service.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News