State of Texas in United States gets its first deaf female police officer
April 2, 2018
The Dalhart Police Department at Texas in the United States is all set to get their first deaf female police officer. Erica Trevino is making history as the first deaf officer in the state of Texas.
This young woman has a bachelor's degree in forensic science. She graduated in third place from her class.
Erica always wanted to become a police officer. It is a dream that she has had as a toddler. People constantly told her that she could not be a police officer due to her disability. But that never stopped Erica from following her life goal.
Erica says that she did not want people to tell her what she could or could not do.
The police chief and other officers at the Dalhart Police Department are excited to welcome Erica onboard. They describe her as an intelligent and articulate officer.
Erica is undoubtedly a role model to millions who wants to chase their passion.
Watch in Sign Language
- Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
June 20, 2019
- SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
June 17, 2019
- Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
June 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News