State of Texas in United States gets its first deaf female police officer
The Dalhart Police Department at Texas in the United States is all set to get their first deaf female police officer. Erica Trevino is making history as the first deaf officer in the state of Texas.
This young woman has a bachelor’s degree in forensic science. She graduated in third place from her class.
Erica always wanted to become a police officer. It is a dream that she has had as a toddler. People constantly told her that she could not be a police officer due to her disability. But that never stopped Erica from following her life goal.
Erica says that she did not want people to tell her what she could or could not do.
The police chief and other officers at the Dalhart Police Department are excited to welcome Erica onboard. They describe her as an intelligent and articulate officer.
Erica is undoubtedly a role model to millions who wants to chase their passion.
Watch in Sign Language
- Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
December 12, 2018
- Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
December 11, 2018
- Aarambh brings opportunities to disabled women, to train & to work
December 6, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Top world celebs at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding festivities
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018