State of Texas in United States gets its first deaf female police officer
The Dalhart Police Department at Texas in the United States is all set to get their first deaf female police officer. Erica Trevino is making history as the first deaf officer in the state of Texas.
This young woman has a bachelor’s degree in forensic science. She graduated in third place from her class.
Erica always wanted to become a police officer. It is a dream that she has had as a toddler. People constantly told her that she could not be a police officer due to her disability. But that never stopped Erica from following her life goal.
Erica says that she did not want people to tell her what she could or could not do.
The police chief and other officers at the Dalhart Police Department are excited to welcome Erica onboard. They describe her as an intelligent and articulate officer.
Erica is undoubtedly a role model to millions who wants to chase their passion.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News