State of Texas in United States gets its first deaf female police officer
April 2, 2018
The Dalhart Police Department at Texas in the United States is all set to get their first deaf female police officer. Erica Trevino is making history as the first deaf officer in the state of Texas.
This young woman has a bachelor's degree in forensic science. She graduated in third place from her class.
Erica always wanted to become a police officer. It is a dream that she has had as a toddler. People constantly told her that she could not be a police officer due to her disability. But that never stopped Erica from following her life goal.
Erica says that she did not want people to tell her what she could or could not do.
The police chief and other officers at the Dalhart Police Department are excited to welcome Erica onboard. They describe her as an intelligent and articulate officer.
Erica is undoubtedly a role model to millions who wants to chase their passion.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News