This shirt enables people who are deaf to feel the music
April 2, 2018
Sound Shirt is the name of a wearable device that can make the world musical for people with hearing disabilities.
The wearable device has been created by a London-based fashion company, called CuteCircuit. The device has been tested for almost a year now.
The Sound Shirt is a tight-fitting blue jacket made of synthetic fibres. It is fitted with 16 tiny motors.
The shirt processes sounds with the help of eight microphones and converts them into vibrations.
These different vibrations are then felt by the wearer, giving them a sense of music.
The device will be tested during an upcoming concert by the musician Tchaikovsky in Hamburg's Laeiszhalle concert hall, in Germany.
Claudia Weyel, a 50-year-old teacher from Frankfurt, will be putting on the shirt to experience the performance.
Watch in Sign Language
- With Inali Arm, developer Prashant Gade aims to change the outlook of people with upper limb disabilities
March 14, 2019
- BDD Assist aims to revolutionise lives of blind and deaf people, gets mixed reviews
March 9, 2019
- Raised Line Foundation, an IIT-Delhi initiative, is working to bring the power of choice to visually impaired students
March 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 1st ODI National Zone Cricket Championship for Deaf
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Chennai tourist attraction, Elliot’s beach, set to become wheelchair accessible
- Events March 20, 2019 Samam Vidya & Tinkerama Summer camp
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 ‘Chaya’, a theatre performance by wheelchair users in Kerala, becomes grand success
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Trailer of biopic PM Narendra Modi gets over one million views
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News