Drumhead, the thinnest hearing aid can enable humans to hear like cats
April 3, 2018
Researchers at Case Western Reserve University in the United States are developing a device that can significantly improve the hearing abilities of humans.
The device is called drumhead. It is a thin device capable of receiving and transmitting signals across a radio frequency.
The frequency range is much greater than what humans can hear naturally.
The device could change the future of communications and sensory devices as it is super thin and very effective.
Future devices based on this technology will enable humans to hear sounds outside their normal frequency range.
Other animals such as the house cat or beluga whale display the properties of a wider audio frequency detection range.
They are able to hear sounds that hearing people cannot due to physical limitations.
However, researchers are hoping that drumhead will change that in the near future.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
May 23, 2019
- Reserve Bank of India suggests app to help visually impaired people identify rupee notes
May 15, 2019
- Google's Android Q to introduce Live Captions and Subtitles to all types of content
May 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Bollywood actors hail PM Modi for historic win
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 #BeingMom - In empowering her daughter, Sangeetha John's life became richer
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News