Drumhead, the thinnest hearing aid can enable humans to hear like cats
Researchers at Case Western Reserve University in the United States are developing a device that can significantly improve the hearing abilities of humans.
The device is called drumhead. It is a thin device capable of receiving and transmitting signals across a radio frequency.
The frequency range is much greater than what humans can hear naturally.
The device could change the future of communications and sensory devices as it is super thin and very effective.
Future devices based on this technology will enable humans to hear sounds outside their normal frequency range.
Other animals such as the house cat or beluga whale display the properties of a wider audio frequency detection range.
They are able to hear sounds that hearing people cannot due to physical limitations.
However, researchers are hoping that drumhead will change that in the near future.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment January 22, 2019 At India Business Disability Network launch, industry leaders champion workplace inclusion
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Bhopal is hosting Deaf Festival 2019, know more
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Samanvai spreads smiles to lives of disabled people in Hyderabad
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 "I asked for my khukri & cut off my leg"- My Take by Ian Cardozo, 1st war disabled Indian soldier to lead a battalion
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Navy divers find second body in Meghalaya mine
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Parenting Disability: Me as an orthpedically challenged child - Guest Column by Payal Kukreja
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Changing lives of disabled people for the better, the Swabhiman way
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Supreme Court allows dance bars in Maharashtra to reopen
- Events January 20, 2019 Cognitive Approach to Autism Management
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News