Drumhead, the thinnest hearing aid can enable humans to hear like cats
April 3, 2018
Researchers at Case Western Reserve University in the United States are developing a device that can significantly improve the hearing abilities of humans.
The device is called drumhead. It is a thin device capable of receiving and transmitting signals across a radio frequency.
The frequency range is much greater than what humans can hear naturally.
The device could change the future of communications and sensory devices as it is super thin and very effective.
Future devices based on this technology will enable humans to hear sounds outside their normal frequency range.
Other animals such as the house cat or beluga whale display the properties of a wider audio frequency detection range.
They are able to hear sounds that hearing people cannot due to physical limitations.
However, researchers are hoping that drumhead will change that in the near future.
Watch in Sign Language
- With Inali Arm, developer Prashant Gade aims to change the outlook of people with upper limb disabilities
March 14, 2019
- BDD Assist aims to revolutionise lives of blind and deaf people, gets mixed reviews
March 9, 2019
- Raised Line Foundation, an IIT-Delhi initiative, is working to bring the power of choice to visually impaired students
March 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 An inclusive blindfolded walkathon at Delhi University aims to build inclusion
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 My disability taught me to unlock my potential - My Take by Dhanya Ravi
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Headlines March 24, 2019 Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News