9-year-old Nayan challenges popular notions about autism
He can understand nine languages and holds a word record for being the world’s youngest child philosopher with autism. Now, nine-year-old Nayan S from Kollam in Kerala is redefining the stereotypes associated with children with autism through his latest book, To Fine Universe.
Kerala Governor P Sathasivam released Nayan's book at a function in Raj Bhavan. Nayan, who is a class 3 student of Sathya Sai School, was also presented the world record certificate.
The Governor also talked about the need for extending different types of support to children with autism. He called for a clear understanding of the needs of children, especially girls, with autism in homes and schools.
Nayan's mother, Priyanka S, shared the difficulties she faced in finding a school for Nayan. She said that he was always rejected by school authorities.
Nayan's book is divided into six chapters. The chapters have his philosophical takes on nature, science, spiritual science, and philosophy.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Events December 13, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018