9-year-old Nayan challenges popular notions about autism
April 4, 2018
He can understand nine languages and holds a word record for being the world's youngest child philosopher with autism. Now, nine-year-old Nayan S from Kollam in Kerala is redefining the stereotypes associated with children with autism through his latest book, To Fine Universe.
Kerala Governor P Sathasivam released Nayan's book at a function in Raj Bhavan. Nayan, who is a class 3 student of Sathya Sai School, was also presented the world record certificate.
The Governor also talked about the need for extending different types of support to children with autism. He called for a clear understanding of the needs of children, especially girls, with autism in homes and schools.
Nayan's mother, Priyanka S, shared the difficulties she faced in finding a school for Nayan. She said that he was always rejected by school authorities.
Nayan's book is divided into six chapters. The chapters have his philosophical takes on nature, science, spiritual science, and philosophy.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Headlines April 12, 2019 Court fines Bengal government for film ban
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 #AutismPower - Varun Sawant juggles multiple talents with great style
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News