9-year-old Nayan challenges popular notions about autism
April 4, 2018
He can understand nine languages and holds a word record for being the world's youngest child philosopher with autism. Now, nine-year-old Nayan S from Kollam in Kerala is redefining the stereotypes associated with children with autism through his latest book, To Fine Universe.
Kerala Governor P Sathasivam released Nayan's book at a function in Raj Bhavan. Nayan, who is a class 3 student of Sathya Sai School, was also presented the world record certificate.
The Governor also talked about the need for extending different types of support to children with autism. He called for a clear understanding of the needs of children, especially girls, with autism in homes and schools.
Nayan's mother, Priyanka S, shared the difficulties she faced in finding a school for Nayan. She said that he was always rejected by school authorities.
Nayan's book is divided into six chapters. The chapters have his philosophical takes on nature, science, spiritual science, and philosophy.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Dark Pheonix brings alive the magic of Stan Lee's superheroes yet again
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News