Eman Sulaeman, the foot-less goalkeeper has the world going wild over his reflexes
When Eman Sulaeman from Indonesia told his parents he wanted to play football, they were worried people would mock their son. Eman was born with no feet and one full leg.
Twenty years later, this 30-year-old Indonesian goalkeeper is driving the crowds at home and abroad wild with his moves, which have been called . He is also sending out a powerful message about people with disabilities.
Sulaeman's fans recently came out in full strength to cheer him at a local court for futsal. This is a five-a-side game played on a hard pitch with hockey-sized goals.
They took pictures as Sulaeman protected his net by shifting quickly on stumps and his one leg.
He had to work very hard to get where he is. He spent a long time learning to walk in balance before he was able to kick the ball.
All those efforts paid off. Sulaeman's friends asked him to join the local football team while he was studying electronic engineering.
In 2016, he joined the Indonesian team at the Homeless World Cup in Glasgow. He was an instant sensation and was named the competition's best goalkeeper.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News