Dr Stephen Hawking's parting act of kindness - an Easter meal for the homeless
One of Dr Stephen Hawking's final acts of kindness has moved many people to tears. The theoretical physicist paid for a grand Easter meal for hundreds of homeless and needy people in the city of Cambridge, where he lived.
The funeral of the renowned scientist, who died on 14 March 2018 at the age of 76 took place in Cambridge last week, just a day before Easter. On the same day, a donation from his family helped to fund an Easter lunch at the Wesley Methodist Church.
Flowers were left on all the tables with a note that read:
Today's lunch is a gift from Stephen. From the Hawking family.
Everyone present for the lunch gave Dr Hawking a little cheer before they sat down to eat. About 50 people were present.
Lucy Hawking, the daughter of Dr Hawking, had contacted the NGO and expressed the wish to make a donation.
The generous donation will help provide hundreds of meals for senior citizens, refugees, people with mental health issues, the long-term unemployed, and the homeless.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some driving tips for people with disabilities
November 19, 2018
- Some tips to boost self-esteem for people with disabilities
November 19, 2018
- 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
November 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Mithali Raj is highest T20I run scorer in India, beats Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Rohit Sharma in list of batsmen with over 200 boundaries in T20Is
- Accessibility November 13, 2018 This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Small touches that make love stronger when you date a deaf person
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 Iconic film Sholay to be screened with audio description at IFFI 2018
- Accessibility November 19, 2018 #MeToo moment eludes India's disabled women, Tamil Nadu study reveals extent of invisibility
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Unni Maxx talks about his vacation at the paradise of South Africa
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Delhi on high alert after threat of terror attack
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 16, 2018
Get-hooked November 19, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News