Battery-operated cars at Mumbai terminus for elderly, disabled people
April 5, 2018
To provide a smooth, hassle-free movement for senior citizens, pregnant women, and disabled people, the Central Railways has started two battery-operated cars at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT).
The service has been launched keeping in mind the needs of long-distance passengers.
These vehicles will soon be launched at Kurla, Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT), and Dadar stations as well, from where long-distance trains depart. Four more battery-operated cars will be purchased.
The car looks like a golf cart and can accommodate four to six people with hand luggage. The service needs to be booked before leaving for the station. Then the car will be ready near the taxi stand.
The service is only for senior citizens, pregnant women, and disabled people. The charge per trip is Rs 40.
Every day, at least 47 pairs of long-distance trains arrive and depart from CSMT. There are 10 platforms dedicated to long-distance trains that depart from CSMT station every day. Rail authorities will be charging the battery from time to time.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News