Battery-operated cars at Mumbai terminus for elderly, disabled people
To provide a smooth, hassle-free movement for senior citizens, pregnant women, and disabled people, the Central Railways has started two battery-operated cars at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT).
The service has been launched keeping in mind the needs of long-distance passengers.
These vehicles will soon be launched at Kurla, Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT), and Dadar stations as well, from where long-distance trains depart. Four more battery-operated cars will be purchased.
The car looks like a golf cart and can accommodate four to six people with hand luggage. The service needs to be booked before leaving for the station. Then the car will be ready near the taxi stand.
The service is only for senior citizens, pregnant women, and disabled people. The charge per trip is Rs 40.
Every day, at least 47 pairs of long-distance trains arrive and depart from CSMT. There are 10 platforms dedicated to long-distance trains that depart from CSMT station every day. Rail authorities will be charging the battery from time to time.
Watch in Sign Language
- The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
December 11, 2018
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Section 144 extended in Sabarimala till 8 December
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News