Battery-operated cars at Mumbai terminus for elderly, disabled people
To provide a smooth, hassle-free movement for senior citizens, pregnant women, and disabled people, the Central Railways has started two battery-operated cars at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT).
The service has been launched keeping in mind the needs of long-distance passengers.
These vehicles will soon be launched at Kurla, Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT), and Dadar stations as well, from where long-distance trains depart. Four more battery-operated cars will be purchased.
The car looks like a golf cart and can accommodate four to six people with hand luggage. The service needs to be booked before leaving for the station. Then the car will be ready near the taxi stand.
The service is only for senior citizens, pregnant women, and disabled people. The charge per trip is Rs 40.
Every day, at least 47 pairs of long-distance trains arrive and depart from CSMT. There are 10 platforms dedicated to long-distance trains that depart from CSMT station every day. Rail authorities will be charging the battery from time to time.
Watch in Sign Language
- Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
February 17, 2019
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
- Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News